• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about playing Crysis.. Green dots.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fairladyZ

Registered
so i just got my computer up and running and just wanted to see how crysis looked. I noticed while playing just on the first level that in the night sky i kept getting green patches of dots. Totally random, usually on the horizon or in the sky. This is on Crysis Warhead, all settings at enthusiast, no AA on a BFG GTX 285 OC and a new intel i5.

I've never really had artifacts so i'm not sure if that would be it or if it is just a glitch in the game.

thanks

CPU sits at about 30-31 c at idle it sits at about 26
GPU says it's at about 38 c at idle according to speedfan.. Everything seems to run really cool

didn't check them i will have to check them under load later tonight. But the case is extremely well ventilated and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I have read reviews of this particular card being OC'd more than advertised and you have to back it down just abit. But the game didn't stumble at all, and the only thing i could find by searching was somebody saying it happened to them aswell but only in the night scene or levels.

It could just be the game... I dont know. Just making sure it wasnt the card since I cant check if its the game. :)

ya definetly, i will check the temps tonight while playing, i just wasn't sure if that is considred artifacting or not.. other than that the game screamed and did not stumble at all. And i LOVE this new setup it is insanely fast compared to my old AMD athlon 64 3500+ HAHA

Ok, I'll bite. What is your new setup? (I cant read minds on Fridays). Maybe make a signature to show off whatchya got!!!

HAF 922
evga P55 SLi
intel i5
Gskill 4gb 1600mhz
BFG GTX 285 OC
Corsair HX 750 PSU
Coolermaster V8 heatsink.
3 x 200mm fans, 2 x 120mm fans
seagate 1tb hdd for now

Ok so was just running around in the first level... GPU during gaming and explosions and me going ballistic with the machine gun was around 72-75C and CPU was 25C haha

i also turned on AA to 2x aswell. and i was getting no green dots today!

well after running crysis for awhile it crashed a couple times.

I checked GPU-Z and sure enough my card is overclocked more than it is advertised. So i backed it down abit and turned the fan speed up abit with rivatuner.. See how she does for awhile.

Back