• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ebay, although banggood and a variety of other chinese webstores have them, ebay was just cheaper for once.

Among the assorted pairs of socks and tighty whiteys I got today, I got 75% of a skylake upgrade:

RWcE7pEh.jpg

A Gigabyte Z170X-UD5, 256GB Samsung SM951, and a 2x8GB set of 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX. Also got a fair amount of cash from aunts. uncles, and grandparents, so now I have to decide between a 6700K or a 6600K and putting the difference towards a 970 or something. Tough decision, hopefully I can live through it.

Last edited:
Ooh to be young again. The only thing I get from aunts is lipstick stains on my cheeks and from my uncles, well old story I've heard too many times.

Good stuff freak. Hope to see a build log soon.

Forgot to take some pics before I put everything together so it'll only be a listing.

- Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT Blue USB Fan-Controller, Graphic LCD, Touch Control, IR Remote Control
- Aquacomputer Front Faceplate for Aquaero 5/6 XT Aluminium - Black (New Version)
- Aquacomputer RGB LED-Lighting Module for Aquaero 5/6
- Aquacomputer Passive Cooler for Aquaero 6 - Red
- Aquacomputer Farbwerk Bluetooth/Aquabus Version
- x2 Aquacomputer RGB LED Strip, IP65, Black, Length 100cm
-Gelid PWM 1-to-4 Splitter
- x2 Silverstone CPF02 One-to-three PWM fan splitter Cable
- x2 Molex Extension Cable 12" Black Sleeved
- ModMyToys Acrylic LED G1/4 Plug - Bare
- Bitspower Crystal "Stop" Fitting G1/4" with O-Ring & 5mm LED Holder

Last edited:
I just popped open a box from ATMINSIDE, I can smell his aftershave too!!!! (thanks ATM).
an asrock Z97E ITX/ac motherboard, intel 4570s cpu and 16 gigs of 1866 ram.
add a few bits and pickup a corsair 380T portable case and I will be able to haul my computer crap from one shop to the other and it will look trick to boot!!!

it's been here, I just have not gotten the chance to get to the soccer mom cars shop to pick it up.

still have not gone over to get the stuff, but i had to send a guy down to atlanta and had him pick up a corsair, air 240 to put the stuff in, so it's going to have a nice, new, little house to move into.

Got a free SonicWall NSA 220 firewall. Now I just need to figure out how to use it lol.

Attachments

• 1451436606163.jpg
    1451436606163.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 117
Among the assorted pairs of socks and tighty whiteys I got today, I got 75% of a skylake upgrade:

A Gigabyte Z170X-UD5, 256GB Samsung SM951, and a 2x8GB set of 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX. Also got a fair amount of cash from aunts. uncles, and grandparents, so now I have to decide between a 6700K or a 6600K and putting the difference towards a 970 or something. Tough decision, hopefully I can live through it.

@freakdiablo I am not personally convinced that the upgrade to Skylake was worth it. Definitely not if you go with a 6600K. How much are you really going to gain from this switch? Any reason other than CPU performance? If that is the reason I don't see you getting more than a 15% increase in performance. I would've put that money towards a better graphics card instead since you said you needed one.

I personally didn't get it but finally got an upgraded laptop at work today. Nice Dell M4800 / i7 Quad 2.9Ghz / 16GB Ram / 1TB SSD/ Quattro K2100 and a nice 3800x1800 screen :) Think I might drop another 256GB SSD into this beast for fun.

Upgraded from a 4 1/2 year old dual core M6500 laptop. Shall be happy with a slightly smaller 15" screen, and lighter battery pack when I have to carry it around to customer sites.

- - - Updated - - -

@freakdiablo I am not personally convinced that the upgrade to Skylake was worth it. Definitely not if you go with a 6600K. How much are you really going to gain from this switch? Any reason other than CPU performance? If that is the reason I don't see you getting more than a 15% increase in performance. I would've put that money towards a better graphics card instead since you said you needed one.

I'm on that fence too, then again I have been for a few years. Though I'm almost ready to pull the trigger as long as the 6700K's come down slightly in price. I got a i5 2500K and its been a few years, think its time to upgrade to something that will be slightly more powerful and last me another good 5 years+.

I ask for the MSI Z170 X power motherboard and some DDR4 RAM for Christmas but i got this instead

1/200 scale USS MISSOURI BB 63 battleship and the MK1 design 1/200 USS MISSOURI BB-63 deluxe detail up set
The model ship alone is very intimidating when put together it would be 54" long and have over 1500 small parts.

20151231_100514.jpg

20151231_101018.jpg

and the deluxe detail up set..... oh man, sheet and sheet of photo etched some of them smaller than an ant

20151231_102049.jpg

and the set also come with a wood deck

20151231_102119.jpg

I also wanted the upgrade for some future proofing - m.2, USB 3.1, PCIe 3, DDR4, etc. Plus even an OC, my 2600k still kind of bogs down in day to day use for me, especially in single threaded programs, so any improvement there would help no matter how small.

Edit: Also to keep the thread on track, got the heatsink today -

QqxFAvNh.jpg

Now just waiting on the 6700k (even with rush processing newegg never shipped it yesterday). I can live with waiting a few weeks for my "toy money" account to refill before getting the graphics card.

Last edited:
At soon at i open up those 2 box, i was like oh ****
I have build many scale model car before but never though of putting together something like this
I'll say. That's a tedious model, but completely worth it when you finish it up :)

Aaaannd I just received my new BIOS chip for my server. Time to hot flash it :thup:
20151231_164055.jpg

Back