• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
does this mean that i can buy a modern keyboard that has some feedback and not just mush?????????

MX Greens? Clears?
I thought it was just Red, Black, Blue, Brown.

What are those greens and clears like torin?

Here, take a gander at this:
http://www.keyboardco.com/blog/index.php/2012/12/an-introduction-to-cherry-mx-mechanical-switches/

And even though it is a clear (has a bump) the I would have called the clear a white switch.

They also have Grey, White, Super Black (really heavy force at 150 cN) and Dark Grey.

does this mean that i can buy a modern keyboard that has some feedback and not just mush?????????

Yes! It is BLOODY WONDERFUL!!! :attn: :D

Green is like a heavy blue, clear is like a heavy brown with a bigger bump.

The weird thing is without looking up the force levels, I couldn't have told you which was heavier, green or blue, but it may just be the slightly loose base on that sampler.

But I love my blues. I'll be taking my keyboard back into work to the office staff can try it.

I also think I've picked up about 5 more words per minute typing speed since I've started using this. And fewer typos!

This just arrived:

View attachment 173492

View attachment 173493

I figured it would be nice thing to do for the office staff at my work if I can get them good keyboards for their work computers.

Turns out everybody likes blues. :rock::santa:

Just ordered this. Had to get it from the WSAD site itself. Only $35 CAD not to shabby.
I think the clears might be best for me actually. Guess we will see :)

Well, as a treat for dealing with surgery, I finally got myself a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches.

Coolermaster CM Storm QuickFire XT.

View attachment 173164

I'm really enjoying it so far. They key action is very satisfying!

Nice! After my illness and the weakness in the hands I started looking left and right for the right keyboard and found the Corsair mech that I wanted with Cherry MX blues as well and have really enjoyed it :clap:

Well, as a treat for dealing with surgery, I finally got myself a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches.

Coolermaster CM Storm QuickFire XT.

View attachment 173164

I'm really enjoying it so far. They key action is very satisfying!

Looks awesome! I spent all my life's savings *click* on a *click* blackwidow *click* and It's awesome!
I love the sound but I'm worried about neighbors :D Now I understand why you recommended me a mechanical keyboard (it was a long time ago) :D I love it! but too sad the keycaps already got shiny :(

I love mine for coding :p the keys kinda sounds like plasma guns on those old games!

and 35$? :O that's amazing! I wish i could buy it instead of this :D

Last edited:
This is so bright! it hurts my eyes :D
and I couldn't find corsair I would have bought that otherwise :p
and the chroma was kind of not worth the money, but it was small upgrade compared to price of the keyboard, if i didn't do it i would be always wondering, anyway this is me with this keyboard (i had it for a month now):
week 1: This is amazing! (Customizing all the keys, spending hours)
week 2: Cool! making profiles for games
week 3: Backlight is off 90% of times :)

I thought the keyboard itself might get normal for me after a month, but each day it still feels awesome :D I mostly bought it because typing was so terrible on my g510, I think my shift key had a problem :S

and the backlight on the middle is actually blue with slight amounts of red and green, looks purple on the camera ;S

Attachments

• asdfasdfasdf.jpg
    asdfasdfasdf.jpg
    246.7 KB · Views: 143
Love me some Cherry Browns! Though the wife finds it a bit annoying when I'm typing near her, due to my hamfisted smashing of the keys all the way down. :D

Looks awesome! I spent all my life's savings *click* on a *click* blackwidow *click* and It's awesome!
I love the sound but I'm worried about neighbors :D Now I understand why you recommended me a mechanical keyboard (it was a long time ago) :D I love it! but too sad the keycaps already got shiny :(

I love mine for coding :p the keys kinda sounds like plasma guns on those old games!

and 35$? :O that's amazing! I wish i could buy it instead of this :D

Love that keyboard Kamran!

The $35 was for a 6 key MX Cherry sampler so i could get a feel for what switch is best for me btw;)

Love me some Cherry Browns! Though the wife finds it a bit annoying when I'm typing near her, due to my hamfisted smashing of the keys all the way down. :D
If you don't have the rubber o-rings already installed, adding them helps quite a lot.

If you don't have the rubber o-rings already installed, adding them helps quite a lot.

This. Both my mechanical keyboards have them.

You can get them super cheap on Amazon by buying generic o-rings instead of branded.

Yup already have them and it did make a difference. They only make noise now on the upstroke not when mashed down. I don't mind the noise and if I take care and only push the keys until they engage ie (type properly) they are a lot quieter. Alas, my meat hands and lack of finesse do not do quiet. :D

I bought these O rings and they work just fine.

So what's the least *clicking click* of them. I don't like the loud keyboards but wouldn't mind the physical feedback.

After the desktop memory arrived yesterday, these little fellahs arrived this morning. Installed in my Laptop below.

8f9a1e946a367fae71f53f3466ee9578.png

Got my Cherry switch tester in today :thup:
20160126_175707.jpg 20160126_175743.jpg

*Incase anyone is wondering what happened to my Les Stroud knife, I squished it with a fork lift. Bent it back a bit and it still works perfectly. :)

Back