• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
We use those at work. very nice stuff.

Definitely more than I need but the price was right, my buddy works for them and this was in his extra stuff box. He can run a medium sized office from his basement and a small business from his camper lol.

I received a pair of benching SSD'S Earth_dog had listed in the classies yesterday. I'll test them out this weekend hopefully.

20160107_222037.jpg

Well, as a treat for dealing with surgery, I finally got myself a mechanical keyboard with Cherry MX Blue switches.

Coolermaster CM Storm QuickFire XT.

key1.jpg

I'm really enjoying it so far. They key action is very satisfying!

*click click click* Nice keyboard torin!

I'm quite sure you've earned that keyboard too :)

Thanks. I'm hoping that I wind up doing more writing. I've got a couple of books in my head that I would like to get out eventually. Enjoying typing will help with that.

Once you go mechanical you never look back!

Yep! Hum diddle da dee dee....the fingers they want to keep a-typing...

:) Zoom a zoom zoom...

Yeah, the blue keys are undoubtedly the best for typing on!

I was hoping they were a good choice. I was dithering a bit between them and the Reds. But I think the audible click helps with my typing skills.

Just gotta keep on typing ;).

I typically prefer Blue and Brown. Blue for all typing, Brown for a mixed gaming/typing use. Red is just too soft for my liking and has no feedback, like Black.

Looks like, by your last post yay you're enjoying it!

I typically prefer Blue and Brown. Blue for all typing, Brown for a mixed gaming/typing use. Red is just too soft for my liking and has no feedback, like Black.

Looks like, by your last post yay you're enjoying it!

I think Red is the sweet spot in between everyone, imho. It has enough sound and feedback.

I think Red is the sweet spot in between everyone, imho. It has enough sound and feedback.

Red is a far extreme though, one of the lightest forces available with no tactile and no audible feedback. Not sure how it's between anything that Cherry offers.

The keybords for the 2 machines I run have MX Black switches in them.. (Well used to be 2 Cherry keyboards till I fried one with my coworker's coffee :( )

Honestly I was disappointed in them. They felt too soft, like they didn't have any spring to them. They bottom out to easy IMO.
I think that's because they are heavier than the reds?

The keybords for the 2 machines I run have MX Black switches in them.. (Well used to be 2 Cherry keyboards till I fried one with my coworker's coffee :( )

Honestly I was disappointed in them. They felt too soft, like they didn't have any spring to them. They bottom out to easy IMO.
I think that's because they are heavier than the reds?

No, Red is even easier to press than Black.

Red is a far extreme though, one of the lightest forces available with no tactile and no audible feedback. Not sure how it's between anything that Cherry offers.

I've read it many times that its a between option. I surely get audibles with my Cherry MX Red keys no problem. If I were to compare to regular crappy keyboards, this red doesn't feel as soft as the others but we're comparing others keys so I can't say much in that regard but just what I have read in reviews a while back. I honestly forgot the order of keys from the quietest to loudest but do remember Red being in between.

This just arrived:

sample1.jpg

sample2.jpg

I figured it would be nice thing to do for the office staff at my work if I can get them good keyboards for their work computers.

Turns out everybody likes blues. :rock::santa:

I'm all for simplistic and small keyboards, but that is ridiculous.

Back