• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Been having a few problems with my router and modem just hanging on me. Our ISP recently upgraded our bandwidth from 80Mbps to 300Mbps and I suspect this was causing the problems. So got this baby yesterday afternoon and installed it to reboot router and modem every morning at 2:30 am. We'll see if it cures the issue.

View attachment 261239
So after about a month neither the router or the modem has had any problems, the daily reboot at 2:30 am has worked a treat.

That's good! Are you getting a new one that doesn't require a nightly reboot? Seems... excessive/bandaid?

1.25 Gbp/s sfp Copper rj45 adapters and Raspberry PI PoE Hat

20220617_170937.jpg

20220617_181938-1.jpg

I gotta say disassembly of the chassis out of the server rack and just disassembly and reassembly of the chassis, im not anxious for. Im either scooting around in this wheelchair or when im standing its on my left leg using crutches.

No clue where my recliner ended up. should have been delivered here Tuesday.

Have a great weekend.

oh, it's gorgeous in "the fingers" in the summer... winter? lake effect snow makes driving into a chore... especially when you're driving a 35,000 pound (when empty) 18 wheeler on those 2 lane roads...

i had routes up there for 6 months: Traverse City, Petoskey, Charlevoix, Cheboygan, St. Ignace, Gaylord, Cadillac, and probably a few others. Great place for Pasties at the restaurants, too.

That's good! Are you getting a new one that doesn't require a nightly reboot? Seems... excessive/bandaid?

After reading about this I found that a lot of routers need a regular reboot to keep everything ticking over reliably and some upper end routers have options in their setup to schedule such reboots. Another router I have setup at another location has this option and I've enabled it there.

After reading about this I found that a lot of routers need a regular reboot to keep everything ticking over reliably and some upper end routers have options in their setup to schedule such reboots. Another router I have setup at another location has this option and I've enabled it there.
Sure, my Asus has router that too. I don't use it (disabled by default). I'll only reboot if necessary which ends up averaging out to monthly between power blips and a couple of times I do it for troubleshooting/giggles. I don't see a reason not to kick it in the arse every so often (monthly...surely, weekly....meh), but nightly just sounds like it's covering up a bigger problem if the device can't go even a week before going wonky. Either way, it solved a problem so, that's awesome! :)

Last edited:
It would go weeks without issues and then go and hang. My issue is I have a disability and the router/modem is in the basement, consequently I have to get down the stairs and back up again, not a minor undertaking for me. This solution works and until it doesn't it's fine by me. Should the ISP upgrade the service again or they just fail completely then I'll be looking at replacing and putting them in a more accessible place in the house.

Well that's good that it wasn't too bad.

Had one concussion ever. Spent the day with what felt like the worst hangover of my life, complete with keeping a bucket by the couch in case I stood up too fast. Didn't even have the benefit of a fun night before.

My quasi-impulse buy of the week -

IMG_20220624_124624144.jpg

Had a little MSI Wind netbook in college and liked having a little beat-it-around crapbook to drag places. Something bigger and a little more versatile than my phone but cheaper/smaller/lighter than my main laptop. Was toying with the idea of getting a cheap tablet and keyboard dock but this thing started popping up in MC emails for $60, figured I'd give it a shot, maybe toss some kinda *nix on it if W10 bogs down too much.

Back