• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where to buy TB1 or SL6 Tualatin Celeron Online ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dustybyrd said:
i have had three of the "b" steppings- SL6RM and SL6CB (for the 1.0)--1.0 oem, 1.1 oem, 1.1 box, 1.1 box----and they are not that great----

be careful----i'm not so sure these "b" steppings are that great

Yeah, there's pleny of people that have had great luck with the tA1 steppings like SL5ZE. Check the OC Database for specifics.

I have wanting to get a tb1 too. I saw where somebody had gotten a 1.3 tb1 from newegg back in December.

So I decided to take a chance, about 2 weeks ago I ordered a T 1.3 from newegg.
Of course it's wasn't a tb1 - but a SL5ZJ
The S code is on the box, so it would nice if they would post that - newegg only does for the 1.1

Anyway, it wouldn't run at 133, but stable at around 128.

I had a tB1 celeron that wouldn't OC for nothing.

So far my best OC's have been my 1.4 PIII-s @ 1.7
Cel-t 1.2 @ 1.6
Cel-t 1.0a @ 1.5
All on volts below 1.65v
All tA1.

I am sure there are better tB1's out there than the one I had.

a 1.3 at 128 fsb aint bad---1664 mhz----not as much bus advantage---but in my tests 10 mhz fsb is about the same as 50 mhz cpu change...thus that's about the same as a 1.0 at 1.55...

i really think these tb1 steppings are not any better....

i have a 1.2 coming (tb1 stepping) and i will test that along with a 1.1 and 1.0 (tb1) all on a soyo TISU board that is new and probably better overclocker at high fsb's than my soyo 6ba+iv....

that civicgsr got a 1.1 to go 1.75 or so on that TISU board...

Well, both my 1.2 tB1s will do over 1.7 (one is week 29, other is week 32) and my 1.2 tA1 had trouble reaching 1.6.

I guess a lot of it isjust luck of the draw.

- JW

dustybyrd said:
a 1.3 at 128 fsb aint bad---1664 mhz----not as much bus advantage---but in my tests 10 mhz fsb is about the same as 50 mhz cpu change...thus that's about the same as a 1.0 at 1.55...

i really think these tb1 steppings are not any better....

i have a 1.2 coming (tb1 stepping) and i will test that along with a 1.1 and 1.0 (tb1) all on a soyo TISU board that is new and probably better overclocker at high fsb's than my soyo 6ba+iv....

that civicgsr got a 1.1 to go 1.75 or so on that TISU board...

You're right - that's not a bad speed, I just was hoping for at least 133 FSB from what's beens said about tb1's, but of course I didn't get one.

I test my first on a SY-TISU and really like it, except for one problem that can get irritating.
When I raise the FSB above 133, or sometimes even less, it keeps rebooting to BIOS menu with note about it being too high. I found that if I first set it to default and booted into windows - then do windows restart and go into BIOS and then increase FSB, it will run at that - even after cold restart. I removed one of the CPU BSEL pins so it would indicate a default 133, but I can't say it made that much difference - it might have..

Question - it sounded like you were waiting for tb1 on order - where did you order a tb1 from?

1.3 sl5zj

running 1.3 sl5zj will run 110x13=1430 standard voltage & factory heatsink/fan won't run at 133 maybe with more voltage and better cooling would run at 112x13 but locked up once

Re: 1.1 / 1.2 / 1.3

I've been reading alot of posts and am quite confused. I'd like to upgrade my systems to at least 1.?GHz. I have the Asus S370-133 slotkets & PC-150 sdram for both and am quite prepared to modify the processor allowing me to overclock it.

The thing is which cpu should I go for?
1.1GHz $90 - 1.2GHz $100 or the 1.3GHz $110 - Australian $

I have two motherboards;
Asus - P2B-VM (maximum 133MHz FSB)
Aopen - AX6BC (maximum 153MHz FSB)

So all things being said which processor would be more capable of overclocking?

Thanks

Back