• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fishy lan 3.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
rogerdugans, if you can would you bring the headphones and mouse I left at your house to the LAN. Otherwise you might just have to hold on to them until august ;)

rogerdugans said:
Should be ok, Pete. Thanks though.
And that laptop actually sounds like it might be a halfway decent gamer...

The Game List:
I have most of those titles and can probably scrape up the cash to spring for one more-
HalfLife 2 the best one to get?

HL2 is a great game. If you are going to play the single player after the LAN, than its deffinatly worth it. If not its a toos up, HL2 DM is great, similair to UT, just a free for all kill everything that moves sort of deal, with good graphics, and an enviroment that you can interact with. Worst case is you can sell it. I know its $50 if you get it from steampowered.com I have seen it for $40 as well, check slickdeals.net and poke around in the paper, maybe you can find it on sale.

Krieger said:
rogerdugans, if you can would you bring the headphones and mouse I left at your house to the LAN. Otherwise you might just have to hold on to them until august ;)

Wow, still haven't gotten those......

you guys are such geeks...

;)

Well now that Dugans actually sent me the LINK to this thread.. (smacks Dugans) I can say yes, count me in. Sorry I've been so busy with Halo 2.

This Saturday we'll hopefully get together and set up a Winblows rig for me and my LCD. (Unless you'd like me to bring the projector so you all can suffer from display envy. :D)

Now, you all know that I would like to have Halo there as well, but I know you'd hate to all get "pwnd" again by the 3 year old 800MHz Mac again... Kevin quitting after that melee was classic.

But what you may not know is the new Halo mod for UT2004 is out, and I think you guys would enjoy it:

http://torlan.forerunners.org/index.php

- Blackstar

Blackstar said:
;)

Well now that Dugans actually sent me the LINK to this thread.. (smacks Dugans) I can say yes, count me in. Sorry I've been so busy with Halo 2.

This Saturday we'll hopefully get together and set up a Winblows rig for me and my LCD. (Unless you'd like me to bring the projector so you all can suffer from display envy. :D)

Now, you all know that I would like to have Halo there as well, but I know you'd hate to all get "pwnd" again by the 3 year old 800MHz Mac again... Kevin quitting after that melee was classic.

But what you may not know is the new Halo mod for UT2004 is out, and I think you guys would enjoy it:

http://torlan.forerunners.org/index.php

- Blackstar

There is room for you, if you want to bring the projector. Also big some cardboard, and tape, so we can cover the 2 windows. Its up to you. I just need to make sure I have enough table space for everyone else. I know doug's bringing his table, and I think Jesse said he could bring one. Ill check.

donny_paycheck said:
As of right now I won't be able to make it. Little bro is graduating from boot camp that weekend and I'll be out of town to see it. However if he ends up getting set back in training, I'll be able to come.

I'll keep you all posted.

Edit: God, I still need to get this Prommy to Dino too. I really need to get on top of things here. Been crazy busy.

Feel free to bring it over anytime before the lan, and I will make sure Kevin or Dino take it back with them. Besides I still need to check out the TSX.

Oh, I lost/broke all but 2 of my CAT5s, so you guys all need to bring your own. A 25' per person should be more than enough. I have a 16 port switch, so we can just centerally locate it.

man, i wish i had lanners/gamers near my area... im just too young...

im a 17-year-old stuck in a 13-year-old body :(

{PMS}fishy said:
This isn't going to be a 'lets install windows' when we get here LAN.

How about a "Gentoo install" weekend? :D

Having problems with the video on the old lanrig locking up....
Installing Windows now. :(

rogerdugans said:
How about a "Gentoo install" weekend? :D

Having problems with the video on the old lanrig locking up....
Installing Windows now. :(

Fire up SSH and Ill give it a go. Or stop by before the lan, and Ill take a stab at it. I also have a ti4200 that can be used if need be.

Got some news: I'm only going to be out of town that Thursday and Friday, so I should be able to make it after all. If not to game, at least to chill for a bit. This means I'll bring the Prommy by and stuff.

So count me in, but not as a definite gamer. I'll work on that.

donny_paycheck said:
Got some news: I'm only going to be out of town that Thursday and Friday, so I should be able to make it after all. If not to game, at least to chill for a bit. This means I'll bring the Prommy by and stuff.

Stuff better equal TSX. We be glad to have you. Feel free to play a few rounds on my machine, or just drop by for a beer.

donny_paycheck said:

You stop by man, and I'm sure there will be a rig or two you can sit in on for a while. ;)

It looks like I have had a rough week with gaming systems:

The problems I've been fighting on the old LANRIG are back and at this point it seems to be two things:
some mobo issue- when shared memory for the IGP is above 64 (goes to 128) it craps out.
fx5600 issue- seems to crap out after running a short time, even in a command line os.

So in a week I have gone from having 3 decent gaming rigs to possibly just one.

/me rogerdugans looking around for used video cards cheap again. ;)

Nebulous/Dino said he was going to join me. What are the sleeping conditions? I'll probably bring my air matress and sleeping bag (like usual).

My plan looks like this, drive down saturday morning, and drive back late saturday night. Sunday(Easter) I have to go do the family thing... So I'm a definate in so far as Saturday is concerned.

No free Coffee and Donuts on sunday morning this time guys...

Back