• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fishy lan 3.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
List of attendee's finally updated. I'm somewhat recovered from my mess of a Vegas trip. Its true what happens in vegas stays in Vegas. It has to even talking about it will get you arrested in most states. I'm swinging up to Fishy's along with crimedog on Friday night so everything should be setup for saturday. :beer:

Nope: no buying, selling or trading allowed.

But if you bring your stuff I am confident it will disappear if you take your eyes off of it. ;) :D

A general "swap meet" atmosphere is often found at these gatherings although I don't think there has been much money made/spent really.
And we do try to keep upgrades during lans to a minimum, although I myself have been guilty of that offense at LEAST once.....

Also remember the crowd you are dealing with- we tend to be lowball when buying stuff. And I am among the worst for that crime.

dugans if ur still running on socket A I've got some cheap Barton's for ya. I know CD has a real good one too.

snvpa said:
dugans if ur still running on socket A I've got some cheap Barton's for ya. I know CD has a real good one too.

You mean there is something newer than Socket A???????

I may have a couple of bucks in my pocket, but since the surgery I am having on April Fool's Day (how appropriate) will have me out of work for 2 to 8 weeks money is very tight.

And my recent video card troubles have cost me a few bucks that I really couldn't afford to spend already....
But I always have pocket change. :D:D

So guys... I've had a bit of a set back... my MB up and died on me. The good news is I just got my replacement today, so it's not likely to effect me too too much.

I do have a question though... anyone know when we are going to get directions?I hate driving someplace without them ;)

Krieger said:
So guys... I've had a bit of a set back... my MB up and died on me. The good news is I just got my replacement today, so it's not likely to effect me too too much.

I do have a question though... anyone know when we are going to get directions?I hate driving someplace without them ;)

Dirrections? What are those?

Ill forward you the ones that I sent to Doug. Don't forget your CAT5, I don't have any extras.

I'll steal some Cat5's from work just in case swe need extras. Prolly won;t be too long though. Usually we use 20ft or less cables. on another note if anyone is in need of hardware I'm sure Croimedog and I have enough for at least 2 more rigs so that shoudln't be a problem. :beer:

I know we could use a computer for Tom. If you have enough stuff to put one together, including a monitor, Im sure he would like that.

ProDriveTom said:
yesyes, a computer would be greatly apreciated. free asian killer redbull to the comp builder :santa:

I think we can whip something together. I don't have a monitor mouse or keyboard. So if you have those, you best bring them.

I swung in to fishy's place (nice) this afternoon after work and delivered the table and a couple of chairs I scored today. ;)
The blue one is mine, stay out of it. ;)

I am not certain yet just what my plans are for getting down there- might be taking Blackstar's car tomorrow, which will fit both of us AND gear.
Otherwise, I'll be going down again tonight..and maybe twice tomorrow with mine,lol.

Monitors I have; you may have to deal with a 14 or 15 inch unit, but beggars can't be choosers, right? I will be bringing at least one spare down.

I can bring a spare video card or two down as well.
For that matter, I have all the stuff to BUILD a rig except a socket A hsf, so maybe we should make Tom build his own to start the party off right. :D

I have a stock HSF that would work. If you want to slap all the needed parts in a case, I can provide a HSF.

That is provided Tom gets here early and sets up the software. I wont be stuck doing that.

ProDriveTom said:
yesyes, a computer would be greatly apreciated. free asian killer redbull to the comp builder :santa:

You build it dude, but we have the parts.

Looks like YOU are gonna get the free drinks, just don't forget us little people. ;)

Arg guys can someone come pick me up tomorrow? Roflmao I'm so lonely here in my dorm nothing to do on easter weekend (I'm not going Home because of distance and cost) so I am litterally the only person left in my dorm!!! I wish someone could stop by Bristol Rhode Island real quick and help me get to the LAN sorry I just noticed this thread just now.... Dang it it's a long shot but it anyone is Driving past Roger Williams University Campus and/or wouldn't mind droping down here real quick picking me and my rig up??? I would be forever in your debt!!! Contact me over AIM or something....

Last edited:
Well more building rebuilding today. I found out last ngiht that I have a lovely brand new, dead DFI SLI board. I also managed to toast my OCZ 600W PSU and who knows what the **** else so this morning Pete Dan and I will be making the lovely journey to Microcenter to probably pay 200 bucks for a POS board.

snvpa said:
Well more building rebuilding today. I found out last ngiht that I have a lovely brand new, dead DFI SLI board. I also managed to toast my OCZ 600W PSU and who knows what the **** else so this morning Pete Dan and I will be making the lovely journey to Microcenter to probably pay 200 bucks for a POS board.

:(

This is an instance of the tradition of problems I am very sorry to hear of, man.
Sucks.

I am packing stuff up now for departure by 11 am.

Bringing a spare monitor (or two) and who knows what else I'll grab. ;)
Any requests send me a pm/im.

Pinky said:
Man, I'll miss not riding in your new car Ryland. What type of stereo you got in there? (remember I'm the music buff -- put a $3,000 stereo in a Pinto and I'm fine :D )
Getting a Pioneer AVIC N2 installed April 5th so I don't get lost anymore. Navi is awesome. Won't upgrade the speakers for a while since they're already pretty good for my tastes.

Ok guys it's Saturday morning...I should be able to get there this afternoon for a little while but I've got stuff to do tonight.

Back