• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New build for a water chiller! 1/3Ton (1/2Ton TXV)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I found some POE Oil thats cheaper then the stufe I was looking at :D and a small green propane camp gas tank should be well within specs to mod it into a receiver :D So, I may have just managed to solve two probs in one shot, both oil and receiver :D

And I may just go with a standerd spiral style evap in a wet jacket, and may impliment an oil seperatour for the sake of it (and the tiny amound of efficeincy gain)

COOL.. uhh I've never heard of anyone using a oil seperator in a single stage system before.. :shrug: but hay, thats cool :D
Any news on the gauges?

the guy talked to the post office and said that they said it can take this long, which I believe that, what worried me was that he took so long to reply. But he has good feed back soo.

April 23rd 2006
Ordered a receiver on ebay that is perfectly suited for the application, and managed to find some cheap POE oil. After a good couple years of fighting the dammed rotolock manifold & service port bolt I finally got the thing loos and repositioned it the way I’ve all ways wanted, of course this meant I needed to reform the vacuum side switches capillary sensor. I may alter the receiver section a bit, I may braze the receiver directly to the condensers discharge and just use the receivers access port, and use a braze type sight glass as the count of flare connections is getting uncomfortably high, thing will leak like a sieve even with well don flares at that kind of count, and the plus side of this I can get rid of the old leaking access port that has been on it since 1973!

Last edited:
nice, bet you got a deal ;) .. Do you have a pic of your vacuming system *or pump HAHA!*
or do you have it set up yet?

No still haven't found 2 compressors good enough, I'm looking for exactly two like compressors that are rated for an opperating current of 1 to 2 Amps each and are Low temp units. I have one that I pulled from a deep freez that pulls a 20Inch vacuum no prob but haven't found anouther like it.

Where are the vacume pump police when you need them :p J/K

I had a feeling since you were on a budget that that was out the window.. I was just wondering if you had it set up yet..

your saying 1 to 2 amps.. what voltage do you have up there, or operating voltage of the units your looking for, since I know that down here houses have two options in the voltage department (watts could be quite differnt).. Im thinking that part of the Canadian grid is attached to the northeast US but Im feeling a little forgetfull not remembering were BC is.. :eh?:

And I'm wondering if you can think of a something that might have a compresor that would pull 29inches that might be found in a junk yard.

Yes the US buys alot of power from us. Finaly got a compressor that may work for a good vacuum pump, even has an oil cooler (Both do) So that means I can effectivly cool them for long runs :) just one is being a problem due to steel condencer usage :(

But I'll figur it out eventualy.

Yay got the Receiver, Now just waiting on the MK-1 Coil, and the SilPhos, I may be moving again so won't be ordering the last voly of parts till thats don as no need to have money floating out there with no home base to come into!

Well here's some update pics for you all

Attachments

• Free.jpg
    Free.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 207
  • Receiver installed-1.jpg
    Receiver installed-1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Receiver installed-2.jpg
    Receiver installed-2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 314
  • Receiver installed-3.jpg
    Receiver installed-3.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 192
  • Modified Low pressure switch.jpg
    Modified Low pressure switch.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 204
And heres the rest of the pics and a chart showing compressor capacity Vs Ambient temps and evap temp.

Things I need still:
Q ITEM
1- 1 US Quart of POE Oil (Can't do any thing more with the compressor till I get that < Shipping = Painfull > )
1- MK1 120V Coil assembly (In the mail! )
4- 1/4 SAE Flare Bolts (Got all 8 + two spares and two 1/2inch spares)
3- Steel Cylinders (20 Bucks each, thats 60 dollars I don't have ) < Still need to get them
1- Filter dryer (Totaly optional, but the one I have now is a bit rediculosly oversized) < Still thinking, I will need a suction line one till the system gets cleand out
1- Scale for making my gass mixes (I fear the cost of this item!) Costs lots shipping worse so this will be the last thing I order

Attachments

• Rest of the parts.jpg
    Rest of the parts.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 196
  • Spare receiver.jpg
    Spare receiver.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 193
  • rsn4-0050-iaa[1].pdf
    17.8 KB · Views: 725
Last edited:
Is there a local sorce for the POE?
Or are you way out in there (very little civilization).

Well some new stuff arived in the mail and I buoght some fabric tape for it too and some black paint to give it a nice flat black bas :)

Attachments

• Solinoid Valve and Tape Angle 1.jpg
    Solinoid Valve and Tape Angle 1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 210
  • Solinoid Valve and Tape Angle 2.jpg
    Solinoid Valve and Tape Angle 2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 189
  • Solinoid Valve and Tape Angle 3.jpg
    Solinoid Valve and Tape Angle 3.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 199
DUUUUDE! :eek: what kinda wildlife do you guys have that you need that kinda rifle :eek: what is that a 402 or something? :eek:

yes, Im still reading your updates ;)
How much more stuff do you need?

and how about a diagram? :D (pleeeeze! :( )

Just scored another lovely solenoid Valve, 24V coil and is 3/8th and will probably order two quarts of POE Oil this month and may have scored a lot of 6 CR-032-F Filter dryers (Really sweet score if I can get em) and my even manage to get a vacuum pump in trade of doing some ones boat. Other then the getting of supplies nothing much ells has been don.

Back