• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock cooler for AMD-FX6350 too noisy!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erudes

Registered
Hi all! I just bought my brand new AMD-FX6350 CPU which I have to say is very nice. :D

But, the stock cooler is too noisy! I mean, it does the job of cooling very well, but it is just too noisy in load times. 🇳🇴

So I was wondering, could you guys recommend me another cooler from Thermaltake or CoolerMaster which cools as well as the stock but the less noisy? :??:
I am only able to afford and get one of these:
What do you recommend?
Remember, I am prioritizing less noise than more cooling.
Thanks in advance!

Here is the list:

Cooler Master TPC812
Cooler Master Hyper Tx3
Thermaltake Frio OCK CPU Cooler CLP0575
Thermaltake CLP0533
Thermaltake Frio Extreme (CLP0587)
Thermaltake NiC C5 Processor Cooler (CLP0608)
Thermaltake OCK Snow Edition (CLP0604)
Thermaltake Contac 30 CLP0579

The 212 is not on that list, but maybe I'd be able to get it...
You think the 812 is better than the 212?
Both are similar on price.

listen to atminside before me, he knows his stuff, I have been on water so long.

Ok so I ask that question specifically to him then, what do you think ATMINSIDE?

I appreciate both opinions equally by the way :)

The 212 is not on that list, but maybe I'd be able to get it...
You think the 812 is better than the 212?
Both are similar on price.

The performance is similar, but the 812 has been discontinued.
It used to cost a decent bit more than the rest of your list, so I would assume you're getting it pretty cheap because of that.

Make sure your case is wide enough to accommodate the height (160mm) of the hyper 212 evo. If the case is not at least 7.5" wide across the top panel on the outside then it likely will not fit. We have no info about your case.

So if you had to choose between the two?
I noticed that according to official specs, the 212 is less noisy but for just a little.
I also found 212 more attractive to sight :p

Those make more noise than 212 according to specs right?

Do you guys happen to know a link with the specs for the stock cooler for the 6350?
Just to compare.

I have an cm 212+ which is the cooler before the evo. Unless it's running at 100% it's nearly inaudible. The Nic C5 is supposedly a heck of a cooler from the reviews I've read. Those would be my choice.

But, the stock cooler is too noisy! I mean, it does the job of cooling very well, but it is just too noisy in load times. 🇳🇴

Hey that means it's working!

H100 or H100i, you'll never look at an air cooler again and would be your first step into realizing a custom water loop will get you better OCs.

So between the FRIO, the Nic C5 and the EVO, what would you guys choose?
The list is getting shorter!

Back