• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stock cooler for AMD-FX6350 too noisy!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So between the FRIO, the Nic C5 and the EVO, what would you guys choose?
The list is getting shorter!

The NiC C5. Only better than the Frio because chances are the Frio will interfere with a ram slot.

I had the nic c5 for 10 minutes. The mounting bracket is terrible. Frio is decent from what I hear but my bet is on cooler master. Simple to setup works with all 120mm fans. Supports push pull very easy and can't beat the $35 price tag with a stick.

To give an example of the capabilities of the EVO. Buddy of mine is running his fx-8320 @ 4.4ghz at 1.45v on a hyper 212+. The one below the Evo. Push pull fans keeps it sub 50s Celsius during 20 minute prime 95 stress testing

If you can wait and up your budget to $100 - $120,- you can get an AIO.

I can't believe that i just recommended an AIO again :confused:

Hello everyone again, I think I've made my choice for the Thermaltake Frio Extreme.
But I was reading some reviews and I found out that this cooler has troubles with the ram slots when you install it.
I have a Gygabyte 970-DS3P motherboard with 4 sticks of rams HyperX Fury 4GB each.
Does anybody know if I would have a problem with this set, maybe if I put the cooler with just one fan I won't.
I listen to opinions.
Thanks!

For the money the Evo would be my choice.
Also because if it doesn't clear the ram the way the fan is mounted on the Evo you can just slide it up the heatsink or put it in pull configuration.

My 6350 runs a cool 4.6 with the CM 212

Ya 4.6GHz seems like the sweet spot, it's as high as you can go before temps/volts have to take a big jump.

At that speed you're catching up to Core-i3/Celly in single threaded performance, but you have 6 whole cores.

Refurbished, 30-day warranty on an AIO, no thanks.

Kills air and if it works in the first 30, its likely to last for a while. Just because its refirbed doesnt mean It was just the rad fan screw holes where just stripped out from user failure lol.

Kills air and if it works in the first 30, its likely to last for a while. Just because its refirbed doesnt mean It was just the rad fan screw holes where just stripped out from user failure lol.

Actually, no it isn't.

The original H100 gets beaten out on AMD by the NH-D14, NH-D15, PH-TC14PE, SD128264 Aegir, Thermaltake Frio, and NH-U14S.

So...shall I go with the Frio although my mobo and rams issue?

Cooler Master Seidon 120XL what do you think for liquid cooling?

I have the 212 evo for my 6350 and overclocked at 4.5 my temps never go over 50 centigrade on a 2 hour prime 95 test. Ambient temps around 70-75. That was before I swapped out thermal compound for arctic silver 5.

I voted NiC C5. Why did that get thrown out the door? It's a better performer than the EVO and won't block a ram slot like the Frio.

Last edited:
I voted NiC C5. Why did that get thrown out the door? It's a better performer than the EVO and won't block a ram slot like the Frio.

Agreed Mr Scott. I only chose the Evo for the price as it seems as if the OP only wants something quiet and not for really pushing overclocks on.

Back