• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

zig's WC Build Log - Pic Heavy =)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
d94 said:
so sexi...you've really outdone yourself

I like to do things right with as more professionalizm as I can get at the time :) Could've done it without you bro, thanks again :D

ziggo0 said:
My trusty 'Rosewill' 550W PSU (Rebranded Forton ):

Looks nice,

I must say though, where did you find information about the Rosewill RP550 being a Fortron rebrand? I had that same PSU and it was so light becuase its heatsinks were so puney... rebrand, I question that.

Also, with the way you have oriented your pump, it is probably impeding it some. Your forcing your pump to push against water that wants to go down? You should have used the resevoir to help "FEED" you pump instead.

It does look good though,
Bryan d

bryan_d is right- the pump inlet should be intaking water from the res, not pumping water into it. It will work the way you have it, but not the best as one of the purposes of having a res is to provide a ready supply of water for the pump.

very nice looking rig.

rather nice idea for pump positioning IMO. Just hope you dont have to pull that vid card out anytime soon :p. Might wanna put something around that inet line to the pump to prevent kinks when you put the case door on, looks like your tight on clearance there.

Sadly there isn't much of a different way I can do it without running a bunch of unessary tubing.

Pump > Res > Rad > CPU > GPU > Back to pump.

Even though the pump isn't in the best of positions in my loop, my temps are amazing and there is hardly any noise. I don't really think its going to hurt it to much leaving it there, it seems to work quite well imo. Thanks for all the nice comments =)

*snaps fingures* ... not sure if he could still set the pump in the same place if he changed it.

BTW I do like where the pump is, I'll most likely try for the same thing with mine (but I'll have a T-line). Very nice first build!

EDIT: Some how I missed page 2, lol. Yeah, as you can see, I agree with you and the pump placement Ziggo

legendosiris said:
rather nice idea for pump positioning IMO.

Read the previous posts, it will explain that the pump position is actually not "nice:.

Flip-Mode said:
How hard was it to prime the system with the res being at that spot?

Probably not "hard", but tricky because he was filling in water where water wanted to get out!:) His fingers probably went tired from flipping the on switch on the PSU to power the pump.

ziggo0 said:
Sadly there isn't much of a different way I can do it without running a bunch of unessary tubing.
Pump > Res > Rad > CPU > GPU > Back to pump.
Even though the pump isn't in the best of positions in my loop, my temps are amazing and there is hardly any noise. I don't really think its going to hurt it to much leaving it there, it seems to work quite well imo. Thanks for all the nice comments =)

If you were going to shell out the time, expenses, and effort into making such a nice rig why don't you do it so that you are getting the most out of your efforts.

Here is a suggestion:
PUMP->GPU->CPU->RAD->RES->PUMP
v8n3tk.jpg

Some people will argue that the CPU will get hotter with this config, but if everyone read the stickies we wouldn't have comments like that in the first place.

Again it looks nice,
Bryan d

bryan_d said:
Here is a suggestion:
PUMP->GPU->CPU->RAD->RES->PUMP
v8n3tk.jpg

Some people will argue that the CPU will get hotter with this config, but if everyone read the stickies we wouldn't have comments like that in the first place.

Again it looks nice,
Bryan d

That would actually work quite nice...like having a giant T-Line to make priming easier. I'll probaly change that around this weekend, would'nt be terribly to hard. The bend from the inlet to the pump isn't AS SEVER as the pictures dictate. I've messed with it and there is actually a tight bend, but the integrity of the tubing is very much intact. PLUS, with the way I can reverse how the pump is sitting, It won't even bend like that anymore. Thanks for the idea, it seems much more logical. Will there be any gain from this?

ziggo0 said:
That would actually work quite nice...like having a giant T-Line to make priming easier. I'll probaly change that around this weekend, would'nt be terribly to hard. The bend from the inlet to the pump isn't AS SEVER as the pictures dictate. I've messed with it and there is actually a tight bend, but the integrity of the tubing is very much intact. PLUS, with the way I can reverse how the pump is sitting, It won't even bend like that anymore. Thanks for the idea, it seems much more logical. Will there be any gain from this?

I would take bryan_d's suggestion and switch your pump arrround ;)

ziggo0 said:
Thanks for the idea, it seems much more logical. Will there be any gain from this?

You welcome,

For sure bleeding the thing will become a snap and you might see a drop in temperature from the added flow. Either way you are putting less stress on the pump and creating a series that is more efficient.

Good luck and keep the pics coming!
Bryan d

wow very clean indeed. maybe ill put my fans in the same position as u did. what did u use to cut the top of the case?

yea i know the x1900 is a very good card. i play cod2 and i like aa and af and i play at 1280x1024 so looking at that graph . hte x1800 isnt too bad

i just have one question... how in the heck can you stand to have a desktop like that? I hate having even 7 icons on my desktop and I delete them as soon as I no longer access them frequently anymore

Back