• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: December SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes, 5005 is the cap but if you see my bus runs hot at 200.9 which is 5050 and over the limit ;)
The only thing I changed was going from 2 to 4 cores..

Yep, a fresh boot can make all the difference.

Are you letting it run at default voltage for the chipset?
Some default settings are kinda high, with the setups I have I normally don't need much over 1.22v's to get things done with the chipset and that's for topping 250 with the bus.

The 990FX chipset is efficient so you don't have to worry about volting it way up to get decent FSB speeds. I'd experiment and see what the minimum voltage you need would be to get a sucessful boot, then go maybe two clicks over that and give it a go.
Your CPU should be able to hit 5.0 with around 1.48v's or so, depending on the CPU itself.
Running less than 8 cores will reduce the heat and place less stress on the board itself too.

As for me, gonna give it a shot this evening and see what happens.

EDIT:
Here's how it went.

Dr. McCoy/FX 8320/H2O/14m 23.735sec
8320 Run OCF Comp.JPG

Next up - AM3.

Last edited:
Best I could do for now.. Maybe drop the FSB down a bit and I can get into 6 core. Going from 2 to 4 dropped it a whole 24 seconds at the same speed.

I've added your submission Darkpollo but in the future can you use this format DarkApollo/ AMD FX-8350/H20/15m 20.386s Just makes it easier for me. Keep working on it , I'm sure you can drop at least another 20 seconds anyway.

Scotty / FX-9590 / Water / 14m 44.359s

See now that looks like FX numbers, original posy updated.

Ughh. Wish my chip could do more.
Bummer seeing 2nd last on the Intel side :-/

Meh, 3570K should be here Monday so we'll see how it does :D

Ughh. Wish my chip could do more.
Bummer seeing 2nd last on the Intel side :-/

Meh, 3570K should be here Monday so we'll see how it does :D
Is that what it's telling u? I was just checking the tracking and all it says is it's in Canadian Customs. :(

If it's at customs silver they really take their time. Gotta make it worh that $10 charge they'll slapon you

I've added your submission Darkpollo but in the future can you use this format DarkApollo/ AMD FX-8350/H20/15m 20.386s Just makes it easier for me. Keep working on it , I'm sure you can drop at least another 20 seconds anyway.

Edited. And sorry 'bout that.

For those who disbelieve me on the two core -> 4 core thing..
Note that everything is, near as makes no difference, the same.. 1.5v.. 200FSB.. etc.
4_9_2Core.png

Damn Canadians ;)

Good thing there isn't a NY customs the charge would be $1000.00 :D
Ya they sure don't seem to like buying outside the country. There are ways around a lot of the charges you just have to be creative.

Is that what it's telling u? I was just checking the tracking and all it says is it's in Canadian Customs. :(

If it's at customs silver they really take their time. Gotta make it worh that $10 charge they'll slapon you

Eariler this morning it said it was on it's way to the destination.
Now it says it being cleared by customs :sly:

Backtracking? :-/

Customs is like a day or 2 I've found.
I'm more worried about the chip sitting in the Mississauga Canada Post hub for 4 days like my 7850 did :p

Scotty / FX-9590 / Water / 14m 40.406s

Interesting, but still not knocking off no 20 seconds.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 79
Don't get upset I'm just pointing out the rules of the competition. :) Maybe xsuperbgx can make a judgment call on it?
Doesn't seem like a big deal to me, but someone could help the guy out with a dl. I don't have a good one anymore.

You'll do much better if you would raise your CPU/NB speed (NB Frequency as shown in the CPU-Z tab, yours shows 2250 in the screenie).
I'd try for around 2600 at first - When you give it another shot you'll see the difference it makes with the settings you are currently using. Leave all the rest as is but get that CPU/NB speed up! Also with CPU/NB voltages, around 1.35v's or so should do it for 2600MHz.

I really appreciate the suggestion, however it doesnt like to boot with it any higher... It is only 1333 ram.
Edit: highest it will boot 2500
will not run Pi
Pi_Error.png

Last edited:
Back