• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: December SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is my only Windows desktop. Ive got plenty of RAM. DDR2, SODIMM, Apple SODIMM.. ;)
The only other DDR3 that I have is in my CAD computer and that ram is 1066.
EDIT
Nope.. Dropping them down to quite loose timings still gives errors.

Last edited:
Woomack / 5820k / H2O / 6min 38.187sec

spi32s.jpg

Still trying to make something better but it will be hard on this CPU. 4.8GHz 1.6V+ on water, no special overheating issues. It just won't boot any higher. 4.6GHz+ cache is also not working. I could say anymore as it was working when I got this CPU.

and one run at DDR4-3000 CL10 ... just because I can ;)

c10.jpg

Last edited:
Believe I'll try it with the Ivy next, the AM3 isn't wanting to play nice ATM and needs colder temps to do so.
Probrably won't do as well as you guys would since I'm a novice with Intel but won't hurt to see what I can come up with anyway.

Believe I'll try it with the Ivy next, the AM3 isn't wanting to play nice ATM and needs colder temps to do so.
Probrably won't do as well as you guys would since I'm a novice with Intel but won't hurt to see what I can come up with anyway.

You would think the CAS 10 would be faster ?

I suck at this bench on many different levels

The tighter you can go with your timings the better of course as long as it's stable.
I'll have to see what I get before I can carry on with my tweaking. Doing a run as I post this with the Ivy and should have that up shortly. Don't expect anything dramatic from me with it, I'm still trying to get my head wrapped around what's needed to make an Intel go.

every time this bech comes up I play with the ram and have to reinstall 10 times yyeeeeeeeeesh!!!!!

Devlos / Intel / 4690k / St0ck / 7m 5.329s

Optimized-spi327.jpeg

I got the ram better and will make a better run when I use my water cooling, stock is not that good.

te ram.PNG

It's about the same. On the screenshot CL10 is worse but each run at CL10 or CL11 is +/- 2-3 seconds. Actually going from 3200 CL16 to 3000 CL10 time improved by 7 seconds. Going from 3000 CL14 to CL10/11 only about 5 secs. Memory controller is limited. Even though read bandwidth raised by about 4GB/s then Spi score is about the same. Sadly my CPU can't make more than 4500 cache clock so regardless of memory settings I have similar results above some point.
What is weird, this memory is not booting @3200+ when voltage is above ~1.52V. At 3000 it can run at 1.7V+ but at 3200 1.52V is max or I see 55, bd, 96 or any other error code.

See now that wasn't so bad, was it Opty?
Scores updated

Now for the Intel part of it.
Can't say it's really that good but I guess I'm doing OK (Maybe) vs the Haswell chips in it.

Dr. McCoy / 3770K / Air / 6m 34.672sec
3770K OCF Comp.jpg

I found a little more give in the 1090T with a different core.

Johan45/ AMD 1090T @ 4.9/H20/ 14m 09.328

pi 14 09.328.JPG

If you don't mind me asking Johan what do you have your CPU-NBv set to?

You can ask. But it's a bit scary. Over 1.4v I'll say that much. i did find that once the CPU speed goes up it just needs it. Don't forget the chip is pretty cool under my water.

That's not so scary! LOL When I push my NB up to 2800 the BIOS auto bumps my CPU-NBv up to 1.40 and it wont post anywhere lower than that. I haven't been able to post at 3000 yet but was afraid to push over 1.45v. My corn hole puckers a bit up there. LOL

Back