• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: December SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Messed with the Nb and Timings a bit today, I need more cold to get the Cpu higher but this is a nice improvement over my last run.

Mandrake4565/Sempy 145/H2O/16.41.532
sp32,16.41.532,145.JPG

UPDATE

Blaylock / FX 4130 / H2O / 15m 55.203

Still need to play with my timings but I think the rest is about maxed.

15.55.203.JPG

It was 1.5 actually and a tad more sometimes. This chip takes a lot more than the poor sucker I drowned

My first challenge. I'll edit this post with prelim at 4.5ghz, 4.7ghz and then 5.0 ghz. Im curious :)

ok initial post, 4.5ghz/air (hyper 212 evo)/21.09.233

lNa2eBN.jpg

CLEARLY im doing something wrong here... I guess I have a lot of tweaking to go :-/ (on a side note, its astounding what an open window in winter time will do for your temps haha)

5016ghz/air/19.42.467

(can anyone explain why my bus speed is 200.63?)

CfnXyxj.jpg

Last edited:
Bob, get the bulldozer conditioner. It dropped my 8350 from 19/20's to 15's.
IT IS HWBOT approved as well so us FXers can use it for these bench tests.

My FSB likes to sit at 200.9 which makes the clock 5.050 so I had to twerk it a bit to get it under the cap. Your best bet with the FX chips (I spent all day yesterday messing with mine) is to LOWER the multi and raise the FSB. This test is not just about brute CPU speed but aslo about how fast your ram and CPU can talk. Get your FSB up in the 260's and your NB Freqs in the 26-2700 range. That along with the bulldozer conditioner should get you low 14's with better RAM than I have.

Bob, get the bulldozer conditioner. It dropped my 8350 from 19/20's to 15's.
IT IS HWBOT approved as well so us FXers can use it for these bench tests.

I've never heard of that! Off to google I suppose.

edit : hmm, I'll give that a gander here in a bit.

Woomack, that score is absolutely disgusting haha, very nice!

Nice run bro :thup: not used to seeing you sporting an Intel chip

Thanks Witchy!
See.... I've learned a little about them since last year. :screwy:

Whats driving me crazy is my board (ASRock Z77 OC Formula) - When I have a setting that results in a no-post, it sometimes either "Locks" up the BIOS so that setting changes don't take effect or it will completely reset the BIOS to factory defaults.
If it locks the settings, I have to use the reset button on the back of the board so changes can be made again.
Lost my settings when it did the reset "Thing" earier so I'll have to figure out what I did.... Again.

Hey Johan, that AM3 sub is goin Dooooowwwwnnnnn....... :bump:

Last edited:
Once you get your settings you can take screen shots and save them to a thumb drive.
The OCF boards can be kinda of flaky, but once you have it locked in they are arguably the best out there

Add some DICE and you have a great 3D set up

Once you get your settings you can take screen shots and save them to a thumb drive.
The OCF boards can be kinda of flaky, but once you have it locked in they are arguably the best out there

Add some DICE and you have a great 3D set up

Just like a DFI.

Didn't think about taking screenies, I'll have to remember to do that the next time it seems I have something going.
This one if it's tweaked right will let this chip fly but good. Had it over 5.8 with DICE before and was knocking down some decent PI times - I believe the next time I have it sub-zero I could get more from it.

Bob-Glad to see you join in! SuperPI is a tweekers wet-dream. Yes CPU speed it critical, but you really need to tweek you're whole settings to find the fastest possible combination, not just power through with CPU speed and MOAR VOLTS! Especially with a CPU cap. This one needs to be finessed.

Best of luck Bro!

I've never heard of that! Off to google I suppose.

edit : hmm, I'll give that a gander here in a bit.

Woomack, that score is absolutely disgusting haha, very nice!

Nice to see you in here Bob, have fun and try not to break anything. I suubed your last score, I just ask that you use this format " bob4933/ FX-8320@5016ghz/air/19.42.467" That makes my job easier.

Hey Johan, that AM3 sub is goin Dooooowwwwnnnnn....... :bump:

Why you gotta be like that Bones?? If youtried we "could" be friends you know. Ha ha You're already in first so it really doesn't matter at this point. I'm just prepping that CPU. It might be my next victim. I'm still on the fence, thought about this 4170 here and see if I can take S_B down and if I blow it up I'll score bonus points with C_D.

... also Bobby the CPU cap is 5000 +0.1% (5.005Ghz). Just for the record. You'll need to bump your CPU OC down just a hair.

... also Bobby the CPU cap is 5000 +0.1% (5.005Ghz). Just for the record. You'll need to bump your CPU OC down just a hair.

Right, I wasn't really intending on doing a "real" run, my cpu was running between like 4998 and 5016 the whole test, not sure why.

And thanks for the welcome :) I'll see what I can get going with that bulldozer conditioner or whatever haha

edit: ok I got that bulldozer conditioner, currently while browsing the internet, using steam, and running a netflix video, my super pi is already much faster haha.

Last edited:
:thup:

Sounds like you still have CnQ enabled. Also some words for the wise. If your running this on your 24/7 O/S, keep your install disk near by, cuz you'll certainly need it. :salute:

Windows O/S goes like this pretty often (especially when tweeking ram timings).
56879828.jpg

Last edited:
The core clock always floats with the Reference clock it's un avoidable. You just take your SS when it runs down.

The core clock always floats with the Reference clock it's un avoidable. You just take your SS when it runs down.

ah that seems shady as hell haha. I'll do it right.

Anywho, did some tweaking, added that program, and got 14.52.274, but again it was 5016mhz :-/. gonna make it kiss 5000, instead of hitting it on the nose :D

That's the thing with the AMD if you set 5.0 in bios it will bounce up depending on the board to different levels. But set it to 4984 and it tops around 5.0

Back