• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6700k set fixed vcore of 1.28 but prime raises it to 1.344?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jarablue

Registered
I set a fixed vcore voltage of 1.28. Checking cpuz it shows 1.28 but as soon as I start up prime95 26.6, it shoots up to 1.344. My temps are under 70c on full load but am I setting the vcore wrong in the UEFI? Why is it not staying at 1.28? I have a ASRock Extreme4 Z170 board with the latest bios. Am I doing this wrong? How do I properly set vcore to stay at the voltage I want?

With load a lot of motherboards raise voltage. Just set your voltage at peak when you are running prime95 to what you want.

I had it on LLC of 1. Which I thought was the lowest adding of voltage. Apparently the less voltage you want the higher number of LLC you should use. So I had 1 through 4 levels. When I put it on 4, there was hardly anything added. 1 was the highest. Mistake on my part. Thanks for the help!

Back