• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATTN NF7 users....a new era has begun!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WOOOHHHOOOOO baby.

im testing at 240mhz now (up from 235). This bios is something else:D

rev 2.1 board btw (black slots). currently testing 11-3-3-2.5 240mhz DC with my pc3200 twinmos:)

im thinking of using the SATA converts for my HDs cause they are what crash not the system. i get apps that just close for no reason at all. o and can anyone point me to the mods i can do, i cant seem to find them. on i would for sure like is the one that lets ya get mutis above 12.5x for moblies. thx

thegame said:
well wtf, stupid crap. guess ill be stuck at a 210fsb again. thats the max i could do with my old nf7-s v2.

Have you tried tictac's D23 3D-FIRE Reversion 2 Command Per Clock Disabled? I can only do 209 fsb primed on my NF7 with the original and Trats D24. With this one i can get 227 Prime stable with 2-2-2-11. If this wont get you any fsb then i dont know.

Here's the link http://downloads.modlabs.net/bios/beta/D23-3D-R2-CPC.zip

:beer:

Iv tried all the Bios's, from the Oringal D10, to the Titac D22 Beta kig, to the Titac d23 subzero, and d23 3Dfire, and d23 3d fire 2, and the trat bios. And i volt modded my memory to 3.3v

I can boot @ 260fsb, but 250, 240, 230, 220, 210 wont work. They fail prime 95 within 1 minuts or 1 hour.

I think it isnt my motherboard or memory doing this but the cpu. I cant wait till i get my A64 parts, because this system is making me sick.

Btw in this link http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=323695 , are all those bio's just for the NF7 and NF7-S ?

Last edited:
CandymanCan said:
Iv tried all the Bios's, from the Oringal D10, to the Titac D22 Beta kig, to the Titac d23 subzero, and d23 3Dfire, and d23 3d fire 2, and the trat bios. And i volt modded my memory to 3.3v

I can boot @ 260fsb, but 250, 240, 230, 220, 210 wont work. They fail prime 95 within 1 minuts or 1 hour.

I think it isnt my motherboard or memory doing this but the cpu. I cant wait till i get my A64 parts, because this system is making me sick.

Btw in this link http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=323695 , are all those bio's just for the NF7 and NF7-S ?

yep, nf7(s) v2

Ok here is an Update, Iv tried most of those Bios's, all of them didnt fix my problem, Until i tried the " D10 SATA 4247 with 319CPC", this is the first listed for the D10 under the CPC Disabled Bios's.

Right now im @ 220x10.5 6/6 Cpu Interface Enabled, 3-3-3-11 timmings. Using 2x256mb pc 2700 Sammy sticks, with my 1x512mb pc3200 stick, So 3 sticks altogether and Prime 95 has passed 12 test under blend, So about 1 hour and 40 minutes or so.

This seems to be the bios i was looking for, None of those other TRAT and Titac Bios's work for me cept this one. Im crossing my fingers in hope that prime95 will continue to pass.

Maybe you people who are still having problems like i was with getting passed 210 and 220 fsb try this bios ? It works for me, and 220fsb on my pc2700 ram is AMAZING.

Altho i am using the Dirty punk vmod for my mem and the mem is @ 3.23v-3.3v, Im not sure how hot the memory is but if i rmemeber correctly when something is so hot that it starts to burn youre finger the temp is around 70c. The pc2700 ram have heatspreaders, and to the touch they are very very hot they feal around in the 60c range the pc 3200 stick doesnt have heatspreaders and feals a lil hotter, but stil barable to keep my fingers on so its prob 65c.

Im not 100% sure those are Guesstaments.

Darn while iwas typing this Prime95 failed after 1 hour and 25 minutes. Altho it is a failer it sure is alot better then 1 or 11 minutes with the other bios's. I keep testing and see what i come up with.

And for those of you wondering my mobo is the older 2.0 board with the black memory slots.

Dude, it sounds to me that your RAM is really hot, that can kill your stability I think.
Try putting a fan on top of them that should help.

Suma.

Na, it isnt the ram, iv been having problems way way before i did the Dirty punk v mod, its either the mobo or the cpu.

Anyway i got an Update, I tried the second D10 bios with the CPC disabled, the Bios labled " D10 SATA 4247 121 cpc319" And now im prime stable for 4 hours + @ 220x10.5, max cpu temp is 49c, max system temps got to 33c, but its really hot here so thats the reason why.

As for my ram i just turned my fan up al il on the windows the one u see in the Avatar, that should help al il the memory isnt like SUPER hot, its just Hot, 60c isnt really that bad.

Anyway Im really happy that my pc2700 can do 220fsb, Beforei had these FSB problems, whe my system was stable and all, the pc2700 could only do 210, now with the Vmod, and this bios its prime stable @ 220 and still using the 3-3-3-11 timmings. Im ganna try 230fsb here soon, i know it booted into windows fine when i was testing bios's but now that i found the stable bios for my system im ganan try to see if 230 is stable hehe.

One question tho, iv known that Samsung ram can take high voltages and iv pumped 3v inthe memory for like over 2 years now, but now that im @ 3.2v im starting to wonder do you think I'll be fine ? I mean prime95 is stable the ram is only hot to touch when i do Intense thingsl ike Prime95 or memtest86. I think itll be fine but what do yo think ?

Heh, that's funny cause my Pc2700 does 240 2-2-2-5 :)
I think it can do more in SC, probably around 250s.

Suma.

Thats funny cus si dont have BH6 RAM how bout that ? I have the newer Pc2700's right after the Amzing Overlocking pc2700's that did 250's like urs, another thing Samsung ram isnt a Low Latenncy or was never known to be low latency ram. I paid $45 for each of my sticks 2 years ago how much did you pay ?

Anyway if y ou understand, going from a wall of 210 to 220 and stable is an Amazing achivment for me, also im using 3 sticks of memory in my pc which tends to have more problems and doesnt over as high as 2 or 1.

Here is a pic to proove its stable. Im ganna try 230 now, to see the pic better click on it and expand it, or go to a 1280x960 reso.

220_woot_haha.jpg

Last edited:
I understand man. I payed $50 for mine, $50 each ofcourse.
220 out of these sammys is quite an achivment.
Btw, that's weird why does CPU-Z says Nanya Technology?

Wow cool! That's really cool that you make your own bios revisions lol. I didn't think these would be as cool as they are. I thought they would just be different boot screens or something. Thanks a lot :D

Hey guys I've posted all over this forum about me hitting a wall at about ~220FSB, I've tried changing voltages, multipliers, memory timings, BIOS's, L12, everything, and it didn't work........UNTIL I GOT D10 BETA4!!!

It's an old bios modded by Trats, and I went up like 20mhz for the FSB! Right now I'm Prime95'ing 242 x 9 @ 1.575V and it's running nice and cool and it's been stable for about an hour! So I'm going to have to say that the D10 has given better results than D24.

kiyoshilionz said:
Hey guys I've posted all over this forum about me hitting a wall at about ~220FSB, I've tried changing voltages, multipliers, memory timings, BIOS's, L12, everything, and it didn't work........UNTIL I GOT D10 BETA4!!!

It's an old bios modded by Trats, and I went up like 20mhz for the FSB! Right now I'm Prime95'ing 242 x 9 @ 1.575V and it's running nice and cool and it's been stable for about an hour! So I'm going to have to say that the D10 has given better results than D24.

Link?? gotta try that one altough 238 stable for me so I can't complain:)

Im thru with CPC BIOS at this point. Im just gonna do it the old fasion way. Im already at 246 stock...so what more could I possibly want? :D

Back