• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

desktop looks funny...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigsoomo

hey guys im havin problems with my sisters computer, her kid was playin with the power button and she said he pressed itlike 6 times then it rebooted and when it turned back on it the video settings look weird like its in safe mode. the board is ecs k7vma, can anyone help me out?

Go to the display properties and make sure it's set to 32bit, and the proper resolution.

Maybe the display drivers somehow became corrupted. Can she reinstall these?

she bought the comp at a pc show then braught it home and her roommate installed all the stuff for her then...the dumbazz took the cds and she doesnt have the drivesr for it. i been lookin online and downloaded many drivers and went thru the pain of uninstallin reinstallin and still no luck

bigsoomo said:
hey guys im havin problems with my sisters computer, her kid was playin with the power button and she said he pressed itlike 6 times then it rebooted and when it turned back on it the video settings look weird like its in safe mode. the board is ecs k7vma, can anyone help me out?

Do you know if it ever offered 32 bit?

16 bit doesn't hardly look any different on my desktop, so if you set it to that and hit apply it should be fine.

If you want your heatware link in your sig to work, you need to use the vB tags, html code is turned off. Then make sure your sig is under 10 lines at that text size; if you use size=1 you can have 13 lines of text by the sig rules. ;)

SUUP IMOG! well it did offer 32bit until lil man kept pushin the off n on button and when windows starts up it says video card settings blah blah dont work...and everything is like super huge and the color is all freaked up and the background pic still looks like its in safe mode...i have no clu where to get drivers cuz they all sucked n didnt work

That's good to hear you fixed it. :)

Your sig is 12 lines long though now, the spaces count. If you set it to size=1 it will be fine though, or you could just take out the spaces. Nice heatware link though. ;)

IMOG said:
That's good to hear you fixed it. :)

Your sig is 12 lines long though now, the spaces count. If you set it to size=1 it will be fine though, or you could just take out the spaces. Nice heatware link though. ;)

The ever present sig ninja... lol

Back