• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me help a hot chick!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CyberFed

Ok in one of my engineering classes a really hot girl overheard me talking about overclocking to some buddies of mine, and she asked me if i knew about any good dual AMD XPchip mobos, i dont know jack about amd so i need some help, she isnt overclocking, just wants a fast rig to do editing and stuff...shes really hot guys help me out!!

you can use dual XP's, but you jave to connect the l1's or l2's (forgot). It is really cheap to get 2 xp1600's fron newegg, a single mp would prolly cost more than the two combined

u have a hot girl in ure engineering class? hell i saw like 2 girls ever in mine and god knows they werent even thinking about the remote possibility of pretending to be mediocre much less hot...

Cool man good luck with the hottie.

XP's can do dual but I wouldn't risk it, Get a couple of MP's and either the ASUS or the IWill Dualie boards.

Xp's in DUAL is a definite NO-GO in my book... go for the MP's, I doubt she'd loose any performance in that..... otherwise you can always tune her up..... I mean... tune it up :D

well she hasnt bought the chips yet so i'll tell her to go MP and i'll check out that mobo as well, yea jman its RARE to find a hot girl or let alone any girls in my engineering classes, but shes there, her name is Courtney shes 20 a Aerospace engineering major, single, about 5'10 i'de say about 125 lbs nice a$$, dirty blonde hair, decent size (and shaped) jugs....a present from the heavens i must make my move soon!! :D thanks folks i'll impress her on tues when i have the class again with lots o info.

CyberFed said:
well she hasnt bought the chips yet so i'll tell her to go MP and i'll check out that mobo as well, yea jman its RARE to find a hot girl or let alone any girls in my engineering classes, but shes there, her name is Courtney shes 20 a Aerospace engineering major, single, about 5'10 i'de say about 125 lbs nice a$$, dirty blonde hair, decent size (and shaped) jugs....a present from the heavens i must make my move soon!! :D thanks folks i'll impress her on tues when i have the class again with lots o info.

drool

Recommendation:

MSI K7D Master L

2 x MP 1800+ (for warranty)

-or-

2 x XP 1600+ (mod the L5, read faqs in SMP forum)

512 MB DDR PC2100 Registered Crucial (If she has the money 1 GB should do, just get a 1 GB stick if possible, should be cheaper than 2 x 512 MB sticks)

You really cant go wrong with K7D Master L, as it has a built in LAN (frees PCI slots for any extra cards she may need).

Hope this helps...

head over the the SMP, you;ll get much better advice. The best deal would be find a K7D master, non L preferably (cheaper) and only difference is no onboard LAN (save 30 bucks and spend 5 on a LAN card). XP's are easy to enable to do MP. Show her what it involves and if you don't have the tools or havn't done it then I wouldn't risk it on someone elses CPU, but if you've done it before it's much easier then doing L1's.

Back