• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon SIII: December SuperPi 32M

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UPDATE: Blaylock / Sempron 145 / AIR / 20.12.203

20.12.203.JPG

This is all i can get on my DDR2 board and air. might push it over to the DDR3 side just for giggles.

Not for the Competition.

This was the best run I could muster on this Frankenstiened ASRock board.
14.40.203.JPG

Thanks guys for all the replies I will start looking around for better kits. If it comes down to it and I get impatient I will pull the trigger on the 2400mhz cl9.

This was the best run I could muster on this Frankenstiened ASRock board.
Nice run Blaylock, just cross off the 5400 and make it 5000 with paint and you're good to go. :D

Thanks guys for all the replies I will start looking around for better kits. If it comes down to it and I get impatient I will pull the trigger on the 2400mhz cl9.
Peanutbudder, have a look through these two threads and maybe Woomack can guide you on what Ic's to look for. I can tell you the Psc based Ic in the Ripjaws I have are really good. They are the same as the ones Metalracer has in his post #47 they'll do 2400 and also run at 1600 at really tight timings. I've run mine at 1600 with 6-7-5 timings on my AMD's and 2400 with 7-11-8 on the 4770k. They're tough to find though.

http://ramlist.i4memory.com/ddr3/
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?283666-Figuring-out-G.Skill-s-SNs

Some nice runs there guys, was that XP Manny?

I still haven't gotten around to trying that on my Z87 yet. What kind of gains did you get or don't you have any real comparison

I still haven't gotten around to trying that on my Z87 yet. What kind of gains did you get or don't you have any real comparison
I'll make a run on W7 in a bit, working on the timings now, sun is beating on the Rad now so I don't know if I'll have enough cold to keep this whiny little chip at 5.0 much longer. :D

They can be temperamental little buggers can't they.

I made couple of quick runs on 5820K at 4.5GHz to test some memory settings and I have almost the same results on XP and Win8.

In last hwbot maxxmem stage, my samsungs were faster than PSC. On Haswell really low timings depend too much from good IMC. I can make 2500 CL7 on AMD or IB but I can't on Haswell using my better PSC kit.

PSC or higher clocked Samsungs are best for benching but what really counts is how you can set sub timings or if your CPU/mobo likes tight timings.

I think I'm the only one on DDR4 here, hard to compare results :p

Nice run Devlos considering you're 200 Mhz shy of 5.0 :thup:

More like 80MHz :)

Btw Devlos, this memory is probably scalling up to 1.7V+ and maybe you can make it run at 8-8-8/8-8-9 2133. I don't think you make much higher clock.
Also set Command Rate to 1N. On haswell it should work without issues.

Last edited:
More like 80MHz :)

Btw Devlos, this memory is probably scalling up to 1.7V+ and maybe you can make it run at 8-8-8/8-8-9 2133. I don't think you make much higher clock.
Also set Command Rate to 1N. On haswell it should work without issues.
Actually Woomack that wasn't the run I commented on, originally he posted a 6.36 run at 4800, he must have changed it or I'm losing my mind which is also possible. :thup:

Last edited:
Mandrake was right when he posted his comment but I bumped the cpu up and ran Spi again then edited my sub to what it is now, 80MHz off not 200. :chair::chair::santa:

The original was this

spi32bei.PNG

5GHz is giving me trouble (too hot to push 1.5v) so I did the run on what I could. I'm going to give the ram a nudge tonight when I try again, they have taken everything I've done so far without any issues, even survived the semp145 and 990fxa-ud3 death.

I don't think even the last 80MHz could shave off enough time to take the lead.

Last edited:
Mandrake was right when he posted his comment but I bumped the cpu up and ran Spi again then edited my sub to what it is now, 80MHz off not 200. :chair::chair::santa:

The original was this

5GHz is giving me trouble (too hot to push 1.5v) so I did the run on what I could. I'm going to give the ram a nudge tonight when I try again, they have taken everything I've done so far without any issues, even survived the semp145 and 990fxa-ud3 death.

I don't think even the last 80MHz could shave off enough time to take the lead.
Thanks at least I know I'm not losing my marbles. :D

Blaylock / Intel C2D T5500 Mobile / Stock Air / 46.43.730

This one was painful. Gonna try a stripped down benching HDD for this later on this weekend. This one's loaded with TONS of Dell Bloatware.
46.43.730.JPG

Back