• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The 'OFFICIAL' Thread on unlocking AMD CPUs!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
anyone trid that new vantec tornado 80mm fan??? the one that is like 89cfm or something...i wonder how much that will drop my temps from this delta? :confused:

Also...i went out and bought the defogger kit, some krazy glue and a exacto knife (gonna try maskedgeek's approach) with the exacto knife and tape everything off....basically the RIGHT way which i should have done before...oh well live and learn right! ;)

lol, yes that is how i learned to unlock without the risk of cutting your cpu or something, its very easy, just get a little superglue on the end, make it level on the tape and slide the exacto knife(or razerblade) across and itll fill those pits rite up, then after thats dried just pull the tape off and your set to start defoggin':) good luck!

Be careful with the superglue trick I've still got an XP stuck to my right index finger...its a fashion statment :D

ROFL! :D :p

Also i read that with the green XP chip's you have to remove some of the green stuff before you can unlock it properly, is this true???

not on mine it wasnt true

but i heard some of them its a must, only do it if it needs it

i dont mean to be a pest but i just want to get this right...i ruined 1 and dont want to ruin another! :rolleyes:

so...exactly how would i tell if it needs it? i just want to get this exactly right ya know! ;)

Sworkhard said:
I've just been wondering if it would be possible to unlock an Athlon xp by simply cutting off the right pin (the one that controls the multipier)? I'm just curious as is seems that this is what a "golden socket" seems to do. (doesn't cut it off but simply doesn't use it)

Which pin is this, and has anybody tried covering it with electrical tape. If it works it sure would be an easy way to get around it.

also...i have seen that people use acteone or nail polish remover but my mom's nail polish remover doesnt have any acetone in it. So should i just use like some rubbing alchol to clean it???

And some1 please tell me how to tell if my chip will need to have some of the green stuff removed!?!

pm mr b or thelemac or however you spell it,

and thats pretty sweet, thats like 250mhz gain? im still tryin to figure out my system for a 500mhz gain.. its all messed...

Last edited:
hey maskedgeek!
Wasn't it you with the artistical touch that showed how to do a draw around on five bridges?

Even I can do a draw around on the T-bred!

Man you got one of those 500 gainers, that rocks!
btw, the mountain dew cooler mod is saaaaweeeet!

yep that was me!:p glad it went to some use!

im about to make another one of those blocks if i cant figure out how i would make any other block, cuz im sick of this waterblock i got, its way too restrictive...

(btw, i never did the draw around, i didnt have a pen to do it with, so i just did it the way in my WWW)

ezekiel987 said:
also...i have seen that people use acteone or nail polish remover but my mom's nail polish remover doesnt have any acetone in it. So should i just use like some rubbing alchol to clean it???

And some1 please tell me how to tell if my chip will need to have some of the green stuff removed!?!

Can someone please answer this question becuase i get my stuff back tomorrow and want to unlock it right out of the box!!! I am dying to get this back...im running on a freakin 700mhz duron! :eh?:

edit...I GET IT BACK TODAY W00T!!! SO somebody please answer this i cant wait to do this!!! :D

Last edited:
Thanks for checking.
I emailed him and asked him for a favor.
Having read some of his posts, he seems very gentlemanly and may consider swapping with me or something.
It is purely his decision, no hard feelings either way.
Thanks again.

Newbees -need help

Hey, guys, i'll be buying my processor by 8am today(8th july), there are no other Amd processor apart from duron 900mhz &1ghz, in Lagos Nigeria, which should i buy, i want to overclock to highest possible speed , can they take 256kbs SDram:eh?: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Back