• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED CatZilla Competition, CLOSED! Ended When 2012 Did

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I tried to run it, and it craps out. :( I will have to look for an update..

*EDIT

downloaded the updated beta:

catzilla.png

This benchmark is nice to watch! Unlike the 3dmark stuff..

Sidenote: only took 3 6970s to beat a single 680 /7970 :(

Almost time to upgrade! *sad*

Last edited:
Crap I realized I forgot to include cpu-z and gpu-z shots.. I will try again tomorrow. :) With tweaks.

Get the latest beta!

My Physics tests are neutered here.. with a 7970/3770k at 4GHz (mem 2666) Im hitting 1009 vs my results with the 3570k/680 hitting 965 with @ 4.5GHz). 3770K has a lot more left in the tank of course.. I just need to get off my *** and swap cards to run on 3770k/2666. Damn you holidays.. damn you!!! :p

EDIT: I also have a better HDD to swap to, minimal increase or not. I see Im getting pounded there.. What setup do you have on the storage?

Point is that physics test base on GPU much more than CPU. Also I don't know if physx is not adding some points there.
7970 results are just sadly low even though in most tests ( except first ) you can make higher points then total score is lower.
Also point scalling on 7970 is worse than on GTX680. Check how scores are going up. There is lower difference each 100MHz comparing to GTX670/680.
I finished on 7970@1475MHz core and air cooled GTX680, not even higher clocked can beat this result without bigger problems.

Storage test base on cpu speed more than drives and it's not affecting final score much from what I see ( I can be wrong I just see how it's acting ).

Three 6970's

Indeed is the rig in my signature. Yes sorry I forgot to post the gpu-z with it.. :( I will repost with all the proper programs running..

*EDIT

I re-ran the test, with the clocks a bit higher:
catzilla3.png

CPU was at 4.2 (forgot to reboot and turn off stepping).

Last edited:
Catzilla frontpage claims DX10 compatibility now! Someone with an older GPU should give it a shot and see what happens. It says GeForce 8xxx and AMD/ATI 2xxx and newer. Not sure if it means the full benchmark or not though.

Catzilla frontpage claims DX10 compatibility now! Someone with an older GPU should give it a shot and see what happens. It says GeForce 8xxx and AMD/ATI 2xxx and newer. Not sure if it means the full benchmark or not though.

Its working with the GTX295.

Capture020402.jpg

I want to run the tiger version, but I only have kitty and cat options. :(

Edit: does work for DX10 though. Got like 2300 on cat with my 9800gtx.

Last edited:
Added everybody up to this point.
We're over 10 submissions, so there'll be a Random Draw prize too!

First and second are both AMD multi-card setups.

Back