• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call Of Duty 2 Single Player Demo Out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ffs even when it looks better on a console why would u ever play on it? I mean, I just can't imagine myself play a game like CoD on a console, just ouf of principe. I just wouldnt enjoy it on console. And by the way, I just played the game on my old GF3 Ti 500 and it ran great. Of course it missed some of the details and special effect but it was friggin' awesome. Really redefines the genre of WW2 shooter imo. And that was with this XP 3200 system, 1 gig of mem. That demonstrates the game itself isnt really demanding, it's just the graphics that are demanding when all DX9 stuff is turned on. And I don't think a Xbox 360 will use a more powerfull GPU than what will be available for PC when it comes out.

and when everyone just moves from PC to console because of all this marketing crap from MS and Sony, PC gaming WILL die at a certain moment. Just forget it, CoD2 will be better on PC, period.

texuspete00 said:
It's a rediculous comment as presented anyways. Invite us over so we can play. Further rediculous is how you say lets not start another war when you are the one doing so. Yes, keep your console pre-realease jerking rants to the proper threads. It's tired, and most of us PC enthusiasts are just plain damn sick of it, and we know what you will say to defend your opinion too. Makes me sleepy and bored as hell just thinking about it.

Tone down on flaming or you will be reported.

I'm just expressing my opinon, if you like PC better there is nothing wrong with that or vice versa.

Havent M$ just announced that their gonna invest multi-several million dollars into revitalising and encouraging more pc gaming??
These new consoles will be better than all the old versions of themselves - some folks will buy them and be happy - some will stick with the pc and enjoy most of the same games at the same if not better visual quality - whether that be now or after a change in pc hardware...as long as it gets people gaming I dont care....

Guys let's take it easy here for the sake of all games:)

If you want to express your opinon that's fine but please avoid flaming. This section is dedicated to all games weather on console or PC, let's not forget that.

This is just my opinion, but the XBOX 360 Video did not impress me at all compared to what I saw in the PC version. There was no AA used in HD video, it look low res, and the textures look very bland. I am not trying to flame, its just my opinion. Watch the Video then go play, I think it looks much better on PC vs that video.

edit** Either way you will be impressed, and I think this game has GOTY on weather its the PC or Xbox version from this very small tease :)

CalsonicGTR said:
I understand what you are saying, but the fact of the matter is that the upcoming consoles have more powerful hardware than that which is available for the PC (for the moment at least). With that advantage in hardware, I would expect a console to run a game faster than a PC. Lets face it, I don't see a 48-pipe video card to compete with the XBox360 on the market for the PC gamer.

Also, you complain about how console fanboys are ruining PC gaming. Yet you come off as a PC gaming fanboy, which voids your statement IMO. Just because someone would prefer to play a game on a console does't mean that you have to berate them for it.

Now, how about we focus on the demo and put this PC vs. Console thing to rest, OK?
I also just like to say this. We can not compare PC to consoles B/C even if the specs are better, the Devs may not be able to unleash the full potential of the game. Look at the first batch of PS2 games and the last. Some big differences. Devs have to get used to all the nooks of the new system. I agree lets end the whole PC is better no Console is better without really having any claims ect... Just enjoy Games for what they are.

OK I change my mind the graphics arent that cheezy...

the german mg you pick up rocks...kinda funky though...

whats the point of being able to fire a mg for example pointing at your guys only?

Attachments

• shot0000 (Small).jpg
    shot0000 (Small).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Honestly, I don't see what this crap is about console fans pushing stuff down everyone's throat. All I've seen is someone saying they thought the effects looked better on the 360, and then another someone flipping out about how PCs are so superior and consoles are stupid and wrong.

Just because this is ocforums.com doesn't mean everyone here has a life that revolves ONLY around computers 24/7. Don't be so damn naive and ignorant.

back on topic... the demo was AWSOME :D The graphics were really nice, and it ran smooth as butter. Demo was too short though, and I'm hoping they have higher lod settings in the final game, since stuff like models was limited to low or normal, with no high option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here's how this breaks down:

1) This is a thread about the CoD2 demo. This thread is NOT about a PC v. Console war. I'll not have one break out here, and I'll certainly not have it turn into a flamewar.

2) I've deleted posts here. If I've deleted your post, deal with it and be happy if you don't recieve a warning in your inbox regarding it.

3) I've also edited a few posts here. Some will get warnings, others will not.

4) Next time, there will be no warnings, there will be no editing. There will be Ol' Lazy Thunder, and I'll start swinging her until I feel enough bans have been given out to stop this sort of thing.

Read. Understand. Accept.

Now please, continue this thread on a more positive vein

-- Oni :sn:

Last edited:
For whoever asked, CoD was based on the Quake 3 engine and CoD2 uses a super modified version that is almost unrecognizable...except all the console commands are the same. Enable the console in Game Options and type cg_drawFPS 1 for example. I think the particle engine worked out awesome, and the AI continually surprises me.

I've been playing through the demo on Veteran using only the Luger (once I find one), you can snipe guys from about 20 feet away if you aim down the sight! Pwng!!

ANYWAY, back on topic now adjusting the corpse setting down to Small helps me a tad with Frame Rates.

1280x1024 - 2X AA - Anisotropic = Very smooth & no lag.

I wonder what the word is on the MP Demo? I can't wait to try this out :cool:

I didn't know why some people with big rigs are having problems. I'm running 1920*1200 (2xAA/8xAF) with everything as high as it would go except corpses was set for large I think instead of "massive." But I fired up the framerate counter and it was pretty low. I don't know how I played with this low frames and didnt notice. 30 to 20 and stuff.

3700+SD, 7800GTX, 2*1gb crucial value, DFI NF4 Ultra.

Last edited:
Alot of people are complaining that the demo is too short...if you're one of those people, go play it on hard and see how short it is. Increased the overall time to beat from ~5 minutes to over 30 minutes for me.

me is wanting to PLAY PLAY PLAY. i was downloading it when i had a power outage for 30seconds.

-1cem4n

Genre defining? No.

GotY? Maybe.

These guys have really taken the feel and intensity of the genre to a new level just like the first CoD. Its crazy how much they have done with this genres gameplay.

EA and Medal of Honor sequals can suck nuts :D

You guys have inspired me, I'm going to go make a GotY thread!

personally....i wasnt impressed. one thing i did like though was just how smooth the engine ran, but imho i still think the graphics look cheezy/really fake. i dont know what it is about them but those planes flying in the beginning looked pathetic (the animations and stuff) and the rest of it was not that good. im probably not going to buy this. the one genre defining demo that was released over the summer was F.E.A.R.....now that game was good!

I just played the demo a few more times and it's just awesome. It's feels so much closer to reality than the first CoD. I can't believe you don't like the animations of the planes and stuff, maybe u just need a higher framerate. It all looks awesome to me and I finally decided to upgrade my graphics card to a 6600GT now (don't laugh I'm not gonna stick a 7800GTX in this system :p). First game of this year that could draw my attention :D

Back