• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call Of Duty 2 Single Player Demo Out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
lol, i haven't downloaded it yet, but man im glad a good game is coming out, and FEAR, and PREY and Q4.....im really glad i didn't have to pay for dod:s thats for sure

The gamecode is pretty efficient as Ive seen it run pretty well on a variety of different PCs, with big differences in HW. Im interested in Night scenes, and Multiplayer small city/housing fights.

GOTY? I think its safe to say that Fear has reserved that slot.

Sjaak said:
It's okay...didn't found it particularly new or innovating compared to it's predecessor.
Ya you are right. But What title this year was unquie and different, not one I can think of. Point is its more COD goodness with better ai,effects ect.. which I can't really complain about.

What in the hell are all you people smoking? Unless you force DX7 YOU ARE NOT GETTING GOOD FPS...PERIOD. I don't care what rig you have, I don't care if you have 4 7800GTXs at 800-1600 :p The game will be optimised for DX9 in the final version, it will also have high model and detail options. The demo is already 600+mb, if they added high rez options the dowload would be alot larger.

seta cg_drawfps 1, enable console and type that in for FPS, try DX7 then DX9 and you will see.

Rodman said:
What in the hell are all you people smoking? Unless you force DX7 YOU ARE NOT GETTING GOOD FPS...PERIOD. I don't care what rig you have, I don't care if you have 4 7800GTXs at 800-1600 :p The game will be optimised for DX9 in the final version, it will also have high model and detail options. The demo is already 600+mb, if they added high rez options the dowload would be alot larger.

seta cg_drawfps 1, enable console and type that in for FPS, try DX7 then DX9 and you will see.
But it looks so sweeeeeet...I was getting 20-30 fps with my system, my buddy was getting 50fps with an x800XT and 3500+ at 1280x1024

I get about 30-40 fps with my GF3 Ti 500 @ 1024x786 (no AA or AF) and the few options that are there maxed. Game looks awesome but not like with DX9 cards, lots of effect are missing and stuff, that's why it's running that good I guess.

And IMO this game is going to be GOTY!

fuzzba11 said:
For whoever asked, CoD was based on the Quake 3 engine and CoD2 uses a super modified version that is almost unrecognizable

I have read an interview somewhere that states that they built this as a new engine from the ground up, however for people who have worked so long with the quake3 engine and using the same artists and what not, its not suprising that it bears a striking resemblance to the older one as it does. I'll have a look for the quote - im pretty sure it was gamespot.

Anyone having a problem with the game forcing a 60 Hz refresh rate??? My desktop resolution is 1280x960 @ 85 Hz, but when I run this resolution in the game, it runs at 60 Hz (my monitor diagnosis function tells me this, plus the screen geometry is messed up). I remember reading something about a bug in Windows related to refresh rates, but can someone help me out?

My first impression of this game is that it is awesome. It takes the "in-the-war" feeling of COD and COD:UO to another level.

Here is a quick shoot I took while playing the demo on my TV with 16:9 enhanced mode but the actual pic came out as 4:3.

HDR... drooooooooooooooool:drool:

Panzerknacker said:
I get about 30-40 fps with my GF3 Ti 500 @ 1024x786 (no AA or AF) and the few options that are there maxed. Game looks awesome but not like with DX9 cards, lots of effect are missing and stuff, that's why it's running that good I guess.

And IMO this game is going to be GOTY!

i agree and i think/hope it beats out fear. fear looked great but i never got the demo like some others here.

well i don't know what my problem is ! ican't get it to run for ***** !

1024x768 2xAA 4xAF max everything and it gets as low as 30 fps :(. tried turning TAA, and gamma correct AA of made no dif. no diff between 2 and 4x AA or 4 and 8x AF either ! fricken strange ... i'm using 78.03's any suggestions ? seems to run "good" for other with less a machine ...

Burnt_Ram said:
well i don't know what my problem is ! ican't get it to run for ***** !

1024x768 2xAA 4xAF max everything and it gets as low as 30 fps :(. tried turning TAA, and gamma correct AA of made no dif. no diff between 2 and 4x AA or 4 and 8x AF either ! fricken strange ... i'm using 78.03's any suggestions ? seems to run "good" for other with less a machine ...
The problem is that some people think 30 FPS is "good", and will report that it runs great on their systems. If you read through all the posts, I believe you will find that the only people getting good frame rates are those using the "force dx7" option, or whatever. Even people with 7800GTs aren't getting good performance using DX9.

Regarding my earlier comment about 60 Hz refresh rate, this is strange: If I run 1280x1024, refresh rate stays at 85 Hz; however, if I run 1280x960, it automatically switches to 60 Hz. This must be some bug in the demo, because I run other games just fine at 1280x960, 85 Hz.

KillrBuckeye said:
The problem is that some people think 30 FPS is "good", and will report that it runs great on their systems. If you read through all the posts, I believe you will find that the only people getting good frame rates are those using the "force dx7" option, or whatever. Even people with 7800GTs aren't getting good performance using DX9.

Regarding my earlier comment about 60 Hz refresh rate, this is strange: If I run 1280x1024, refresh rate stays at 85 Hz; however, if I run 1280x960, it automatically switches to 60 Hz. This must be some bug in the demo, because I run other games just fine at 1280x960, 85 Hz.
ok, i feel better now ;) damn i hope they make the final run better for the 7800 series ! being a CoD freak and all ;) gunna try it on my 6800 GT later will report back ...

UPDATE:

holly crap i thought my 7800 ran it poorly ! its a slideshow on my 6800GT !!! :bang head

Last edited:
ninthebin said:
I have read an interview somewhere that states that they built this as a new engine from the ground up, however for people who have worked so long with the quake3 engine and using the same artists and what not, its not suprising that it bears a striking resemblance to the older one as it does. I'll have a look for the quote - im pretty sure it was gamespot.
Yeah I remember them saying it was a new engine, but when I looked at the demo directory, they are using the exact same file structure but with *.iws instead of *.pk3. I imagine they switched to a new compression that can handle all the audio the game has!

"Jerries on the second floor!"

Back