• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call Of Duty 2 Single Player Demo Out!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This demo just blew me away! It's way better than CoD in every way! Better aiming, better graphics, better AI, almost everything is enhanced.

I think the only problem ppl will have is the grenade indictator. I don't, but I know a bunch of hardcore CoD players that will think it's close to cheating. :D

Burnt_Ram said:
well i don't know what my problem is ! ican't get it to run for ***** !

1024x768 2xAA 4xAF max everything and it gets as low as 30 fps :(. tried turning TAA, and gamma correct AA of made no dif. no diff between 2 and 4x AA or 4 and 8x AF either ! fricken strange ... i'm using 78.03's any suggestions ? seems to run "good" for other with less a machine ...

hehe deal with it buddy... im running it on the pc in sig and i get 20-50fps (avg prob 25) @ 1280x960 2x 8x highest details... usually i would be disgusted but this game looks so damn good its worth it

CalsonicGTR said:
After a few more rounds with it, here is what I think...

Graphics: Fantastic graphics. Looks fantastic with everything turned up (@ 1280x1024). The heat rising in the beginning looks awesome, and the smoke is incredibly realstic.

AI: The AI seems to be much improved. Your crewmates actually kill people pretty consistently. I sure wasn't to impressed with the allied AI in the first game. Same goes for enemy AI, much improved. Nothing like seeing a German pick up the grenade you just threw at him and heave it back at you. Priceless ;)

Controls: Controls are pretty much the same expect for grenades. Grenades are now activated by pressing '4' (smoke grenades) and the Scroll Button on your mouse (frag grenades). I personally find this is a downgrade, but thats just because instinct keeps telling me go hit 4 for frag grenades, and I keep getting smoked. Would like that to be changed, but I can live with it.

Gameplay: Awesome. This is where CoD outshines all competitors. It feels like you are actually in the war. The sounds of war hit you smack in the face from the beginning and dont let up for a moment. This game will get your adrenaline racing for sure. The difficulty doesn't seem to be as hard as it was in CoD1, but maybe that's just me.

Overall: Definetly a must buy. If the retail version is more of this, I will be extremely pleased. Buy this! :D

Exactly

think that demo was 600+mb for that small amount - ho many DVD's will the final be..lol

i lvoe it, this gaem i WOULD buy a new system for and plan to it is worth it for me - cant wait to see the multiplayer!

maxxoverclocker said:
hehe deal with it buddy... im running it on the pc in sig and i get 20-50fps (avg prob 25) @ 1280x960 2x 8x highest details... usually i would be disgusted but this game looks so damn good its worth it
sad, let's hope the final is optimized better. you and i both should be able to run it with no slow down's. i meen really ....

Burnt_Ram said:
sad, let's hope the final is optimized better. you and i both should be able to run it with no slow down's. i meen really ....
Yeah, I certainly hope so as well. I monitored my framerates this morning, and in the vicinity of a smoke grenade I was getting < 15 FPS. :( Very choppy. Turning down my resolution didn't really help much. I'm using "normal" detail level and "bilinear" texture filtering. I just built this computer--it had better run the retail version better than this!!!

Other than the performance issues, I'm liking this game better the more I play it. The graphics are just amazing. The particles blow me away: different effects as bullets strike different types of objects, clouds of dust rising from the footsteps of your comrades as you run from one piece of cover to another, etc. Also, the AI is really impressing me as the situations will unfold in a different manner each time I play. I love it when one of your comrades screams "I got one, I got one!" and then gets a bullet through his head a few seconds later. Just amazing!

Yeah, what everyone else said! The only thing I didn't like was the demo was too short. I was totally immersed. I liked some of the battlefield chatter, like when one of the germans popped up shooting, one of my mates exclaimed, "Bloody wanker!" I liked the fact that this was similar to the old beloved COD, so I quickly adjusted. But, the graphics are definitely new and improved. Just like the original graphics being better than MOHAA when it was released, the new graphics definitely tops the old COD. I have a X800 and P-4 running 4.4 gig, so I was able to crank the eye candy to max with no problem. I pity those with lower end systems and wimpy vid cards though. I'm going to buy the full version the same day it's released. I smell game of the year.

this demo crashes my system when i try to play at 1024x768. wtf.

anyways played at 800x600 w/4xaa and it was pretty fun. intense for sure. seemed very similar to original cod which is good.

Joto, what drivers are you using? I'm running Cat 5.6 and have no problem. Been thinking of stepping up to Cat 5.9.

i'm using 5.8's. . . have directx 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

it crashes in the same exact spot. none of my other games crash, so i don't know. . .

batboy said:
I pity those with lower end systems and wimpy vid cards though. I'm going to buy the full version the same day it's released. I smell game of the year.
:rolleyes: that would be me, well my Video card is my week point in my system, a 9500 Pro and I found out today that it needs to go... I get some massive lag in the demo and my frient can deal with it but i absolutly can not.

So my system is a P4 2.8 @ 3.2, 1gig PC3200, Audigy 2 ZS + KXproject drivers. What would be a good video card to go to that would be less than 300? X800XL? prefer ATi.

I think if I get a good system it should be able to handle CoD2 no prob as there is always room for more OC if I need it.

Yea I just have AGP, but hopfully if I get paid for this PHP job soon i should be able to get the PRO along with my biweekly paycheck.

Damn, can't believe I didn't see this sooner...downloading nooowwww!!

(I don't mind paying for fileplanet, when I know that the minimal fee will allow me to get whatever files I want, when I want, and at the max speeds my line allows)... 2.48MB/s, actually the fastest steady connection I've seen since my cable was upgraded to 15Mbps 2 weeks ago.

Attachments

• fassst.JPG
    fassst.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 55
Back