• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED OC in BIOS doesn't take? Asus M5A97 Phenom II 975BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Those C3 chips usually can run 1600 but maybe the imc is weak or its having trouble running 4 mixed sticks, which is never a good idea anyway

am i delusional or something? i've read online and heard from many people that 1333 CL7 will perform identically in games to 1600 CL9. but when testing GTA 4, the game just plain doesn't lag nearly as much. especially when doing 360 degree turns. the frame rate will still dip down to 25 fps during this, but it doesnt have split second pauses while turning. it's just fluid 25 fps. with 1333 i don't get that

Whether low latency is to be preferred over high bandwidth may be somewhat application dependent.

oh my god i think i nearly had a heart attack. i set the speed to 1600mhz with the CPU-NB at 1.2V and i booted to the desktop and within 5 seconds I got the most horrible screach from my speakers i have ever heard in my life. the entire system was locked and all you heard was this massive screach from the speakers at 10x HIGHER THAN MAX VOLUME! i am absolutely stunned why my speakers are not blown. it was THAT loud and that ear piercing

I wonder if the cause of that was data bits for the the audio driver being dropped because the memory wasn't stable. Just a thought.

think i hit a goldmine chip :D it's running 4.4 ghz at 1.46v and plowing through GTA 4 and bad company 2 and hasn't crashed yet. went from a stubborn 36 average fps in gta 4 that stuttered when turning to a nice 45 fps that does not have microstutter. this is on aircooling from 2009 lol

Last edited:
Back