• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X6 1100T overclocking help needed past 3.8 GHZ

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There is absolutely no way that you have minimum voltage 1.35v for 3.8 and 1.4v for 4.2...

Usually 0.04-0.06v is needed for a 100 MHz jump, but for you that would be .012 which is impossible...

@OP,
If you can get 3.9 at 1.45v, (did you have 3.8 @ 1.4v before?) then what is the temperature at that speed/voltage?

There is a way. I've run multiple Phenom IIs (965. 970T) on stock voltage at high clock speeds. the 965 ran 3.8 @ 1.345v stable and the temps didnt get much above 110*F. The 970T in 4 core mode ran 1.440 at 4000mhz. The temps rarely went above 100*F. Sure, prime wasnt stable for more than 40 minutes, but in day to day use they were completely stable, 100% uptime.

Several things seem odd to me here, but I'm not all that familiar with AMD these days to begin with I guess so I'll watch a bit :)

:beer:

There is a way. I've run multiple Phenom IIs (965. 970T) on stock voltage at high clock speeds. the 965 ran 3.8 @ 1.345v stable and the temps didnt get much above 110*F. The 970T in 4 core mode ran 1.440 at 4000mhz. The temps rarely went above 100*F. Sure, prime wasnt stable for more than 40 minutes, but in day to day use they were completely stable, 100% uptime.

we're talking about x6's (6 cores), the x6 requires much more voltage to run at the same clockspeeds as the x4.

Hate to say it, but I think you simply lost the silicon lottery. My 1100T runs 1.35V (stock) at 3.8GHz, and 1.4V gets me to 4.2GHz.

On the 92mm cooler I have, it stays pretty cool at 1.4V

Have you Prime95 stress-tested that for at least 2 hrs.? We get a lot of people on the forum making claims like that but they are only stable cruising the net or doing email. When we ask them to Prime95 it they find out they really aren't stable.

we're talking about x6's (6 cores), the x6 requires much more voltage to run at the same clockspeeds as the x4.

Well, somewhat more, maybe but not that much different. The Thuban 6 core Phenom IIs did not require any more voltage than the PII Deneb 4 cores to run at 4+ ghz and maybe a little less. Both are 45nm fab CPUs. It depends more on the architecture and stepping sometimes than it does the number of cores.

Have you Prime95 stress-tested that for at least 2 hrs.? We get a lot of people on the forum making claims like that but they are only stable cruising the net or doing email. When we ask them to Prime95 it they find out they really aren't stable.

3.8GHz I have, 4.2GHz I haven't.
Reason being, 4.2GHz was just for kicks, but I run 3.8GHz daily.

Here's a pic after ~25min of Prime95, temps stabilized between 10 and 12 minutes:

Attachments

• CPU 3.8GHz 1.35V.png
    CPU 3.8GHz 1.35V.png
    254 KB · Views: 90
Yeah, that looks good. I would overclock your CPUNB some more, to around 2600 mhz to enhance cache memory performance. Not sure what your CPUNB voltage is but it will need something over stock to support that higher frequency, though. Maybe 1.225-1.25v.

Yeah, that looks good. I would overclock your CPUNB some more, to around 2600 mhz to enhance cache memory performance. Not sure what your CPUNB voltage is but it will need something over stock to support that higher frequency, though. Maybe 1.225-1.25v.

I'll have to look and see what it is. 2200MHz is just 200 over stock. Lots of headway, I've had it at 2800 stable before. Just don't like it that high for running 8-10 hours gaming.

I also found out that lowering the VCORE any value below 1.45 will give me errors @ 3.9

I guess it does scale with more Vcore like a Windsor. :/

Those seemed to crave 1.55+ for a good OC.

Just wondering, in case 1.5 damages the chip. I dunno.

Even though I haven't heard of AMD chips getting degraded with 1.5V.

1.55V seemed to be what people reported to be the max back in the Clawhammer and San Diego days lol.

Last edited:
Back