• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official OC Aquamark 3 Scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here's the last one for the night.

New Score 73,263

I played with Riva Tuner, and messed with the reg some. I'm probably gonna have to flash the BIOS and mod it to get much more. I may go with better cooling down the road.

It looks like I'm going to have to put that .dll hotfix in there too.

70918 (CPU: 11363, GFX: 10077)

Well,its a new high score...but I feel like somethings holding my system back from a betterscore....I just dont know what it is.I became a little confused when I saw that my 9800 pro 128mb card outscored my 6800GT in 3DMark2001 SE by like 2000 points.

woot, 73K club 73215 and thats at 3.92ghz and 415/1175
soon (when water gets set-up) i will be over 4ghz (can be now, just too hot) and the gpu will be wc'ed so it will be at least 75k

Last edited:
Sucka, you rule man! You gotta let me in on some of the stuff you're doing. I've about exausted everything I know to optimize short of installing dedicated benching drives. I need cooling worse though.

3DFlyer said:
Sucka, you rule man! You gotta let me in on some of the stuff you're doing. I've about exausted everything I know to optimize short of installing dedicated benching drives. I need cooling worse though.

There's no secrets to AM3 that i'm aware of. I've tried all the little tweaks i know and short of more MHz i haven't found anything. Just a nice clean drive with nothing running in background, and some good clocks is all you need. Memory timings also help this benchmark as well.

Hrm, any idea if you have to get an account activated/approved to access the ARC? Had an AM3 account for a while, just gone back to it and _still_ can't get log into the arc.
Worth re-registering?

Highlander said:
Hrm, any idea if you have to get an account activated/approved to access the ARC? Had an AM3 account for a while, just gone back to it and _still_ can't get log into the arc.
Worth re-registering?

Never had to deal with that myself. I would just make a new account. I lost my login info a long time ago so i just made a new account.

Gautam said:
Awesome, old-school single card pwnage. :D :thup:

I have a slightly better score, but i like that score better. It has the highest CPU score of any non Dothan i could find on the ARC last night :p

Sucka said:

There's no secrets to AM3 that i'm aware of. I've tried all the little tweaks i know and short of more MHz i haven't found anything. Just a nice clean drive with nothing running in background, and some good clocks is all you need. Memory timings also help this benchmark as well.

I wanna get some new high end RAM for my system, I need the caps mod, the droop mod, and I may also do vDimm and vTT depending on what Memory I find. I also need some good cooling. I'm really trying to learn DD phase cooling, but I don't understand alot of it. I think I can leap frog H20, but will need to do alot of studying.

It's probably going to take me awhile. I've OC'd many systems, but I am new to this high of a level of it. It's kinda like I'm a n00b all over again here at this forum. The level of experience and knowledge here is far higher than anything I've messed with.

I'm willing to take some calculated risk, but calculated isa the key word. I would rather study and do it the slower way, than do it the quick expensive way.

This system has alot more in it. It's a good board with a good CPU. I just need to study for awhile again to do all these mods properly, and get the cooling to where I can use more voltage without heating things up. 4.1 is about my limit right now without the caps and droop mod. The voltage tend to get wild above 4.1. I need more stability on the voltage. I then need RAm that will do very high FSB's at tight timings, and then I need the cooling to raise those voltages. I suspect a run to 80,000 woulkd not be out of the question. Maybe in the 90's with extreme cooling. To get the 100K scores one would need SLI 7800's I expect.

By the time I get all that done, SLI will be the norm, and the dual 64 bit Intels will be much more perfected. They are outstanding now, but there will definitely be better boards, and faster CPU's in about a year or so.

I'm looking to build a dual core 64 bit rig in about a year. I think things will be more perfected, and drivers and things will be optimized for them by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back