• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Official OC Aquamark 3 Scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll be playing with the big boys in no time. Like you said, takes time and the desire to learn which you appear to have. Good luck getting the system you want :)

3DFlyer said:
Sucka, you rule man! You gotta let me in on some of the stuff you're doing. I've about exausted everything I know to optimize short of installing dedicated benching drives. I need cooling worse though.
If your board lets you change AGP speed, trying increasing it to around 80MHz or so. nVidia cards might like even higher. I gained about 2000 points increasing my AGP from 66 to 79. I was quite surprised, but there's no way I could score the way I did without it.

Guatum,
I've seen this AGP speed thing mentioned a few times before. I've tried it, but I can't go up to even 67 without it causing errors. To be exact, it causes very slow POST'ing, if it does POST it crashes before Window$, and will occasionally cause a CMOS failure where I have to clear the CMOS and redo my settings.

Any idea on the root cause of this? This on the rig in signature. Everything is correct and up to date.

That is very strange. It might be something specific with your board which I can't answer.

Are your hard drives Serial ATA? It probably is increasing the PCI bus speed, but I can't see why the hard drives/controller can't take a .5MHz bump in the PCI bus.

On the IC7-G you can adjust PCI and AGP clocks individually. I wouldn't have tried it if I couldn't. I'm very weary of raising PCi clocks for fear of corrupting my drives. They are backed up weekly, but i'd really rather not have to reformat and go back through a backup. hehe :)

Could it be a NB cooling issue. I'm running rather high. I also do not have caps mod or droop mod, and voltages could be getting wild. I have checked them at 4.1GHz and they get very wild. At 4.2 I can POST, but I get an IRQ less than or not equal to BSOD. I also get that same BSOD when trying the 67 AGP clock. I would think it would at least handle a 1MHz clock. That IRQ BSOD leads me to belive it's associated with the Graphics card since the AGP is what I'm playing with at the time, but I'm still learning this high end OC'ing and that is only a wild a$$ guess. heh No proof whatsoever to back that up.

Edit: BTW, they are SATA 150 drives. The ones in my sig. They are WD 1600JD 160GB 7200 rpm Caviar drives in RAID 0. The array is setup 16K/16K. I am using the Intel ICH5 onboard controller.

77680 A new high for me @ 240, 2.5-3-3-5...

ClockGen.jpg

HousERaT said:
Come on bro.... crank up that venice a little bit...... you can do it.

oh you can bet i will... i tried going to 270x9 but something wasnt right with it... i couldnt get 3dmark03 to run with my current settings and the FSB jacked up - im thinking my RAM is limiting me at 270 so ill drop the divider and try again.

then again i AM running on stock cooling with HALF-decent case airflow at best... no work today so back to tweaking!

cooling my man.... all about the cooling. ;)

and I don't think it's your memory.... more likely you're not giving the cpu enough voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back