• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Unlocking problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Azerashi

Registered
Hi, so i changes everything like in tutorials and my computer runs, windows starts but cpu-z shows still Phenom II my bios is :GBT - 42302e31
Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG F8 i changed to it cuz in F10 there is no ACC option.

When the cores are unlocked it should still show it as being a Phenom II. The "II" in Phenom II does not indicate it has two cores. It means it's a second generation Phenom.

Yes but, it doesnt change specification to Phenom II X4 B50 Like others i still have Phenom II X2 550 after changing all, its weird. Everyone got system boot failure etc. when its broken. I stary normally my system but still got 2 cores. I Could record all of the changing process and booting, and upload it if its help.

How sure are you the two locked cores are viable? On the Gigabyte board I have laying around I was playing with unlocking a Sempron to two cores. It was successful but every time I rebooted it was back to a single core CPU. I discovered there was a bios line item called "Hybrid firmware" that need to be enabled in order for it to retain the unlocked core configuration in ACC.

I am not sure they are viable but when i change the bios ACC and reboot should i get any error or something if they are broken? I didnt get anything after all, system started i run CPU-Z And nothing changes.

Oh i didnt wrote that sorry. Asus GA-MA770T-UD3. I cant find problem like mine in google :/

Makes me wonder if they removed the ACC option in the newer bios because it was buggy.

In newer bios there was option unlock cpu when i enabled it effect was the same.

Could you take a digital camera pic of that section (ACC) of the bios and attach it with a post?

To attach a pic with a post, first crop and save the pic to disc if it includes surrounding irrelevant territory. In other words, we don’t want to see your whole desktop. That just shrinks down the important stuff we need to see so that it may not be legible. Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories is great for this. Then click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post window. When the advanced post window appears, click on the little paperclip tool at the top. This will load the file browser/up-link tool and the rest will be obvious.

Ok i recorded whole process, in CPU-Z Is still the same configuration like before changes. Sry for ****ty quality

Did you disable all the "green" stuff: Cool N Quiet, C1E, Thermal Throttle?

Where to disable C1E and Thermal Throttle? Yes i disabled CoolNQuiet nad C1E now will but cant find Thermal Throttle.
@Edit:
DIsable this still the same, thanks for helping. You all meet the problem first time?

Last edited:
Must be a bug in the bios. Even if the cores are not viable it should still allow you at least try it that way.

So which one Bios i should download i foudn only F8 and the newest F10. Mainboard its GA-MA770T-UD3 rev. 1.5

Last edited:
Well, you've tried 8 already. There isn't a 9? If not, you'll just have to wait until Gigabyte comes up with a new one or get another motherboard. There just may not be an solution to this problem. You may need to go with another board. I think ASRock seems to make boards that have an effective core unlocker. The 970 extreme 3 would be appropriate for your CPU and it's not that costly.

I searched over google and some people whit my mobo sucessfully unlocked them i used this time EasyTune to unlock them still 2 cores, seems i dont have any more cores :<

If i recall it good, i had this issue with my Phenom II x2 555 once, even after several restart Computer properties was reading it as 2 core while CPU_Z was reading as 4 core.

Even Prime95 was reading and using only 2 cores while trying to stress.

Once I changed computer Power Setting to High Performance and restarted, everything got resolved. Give it a try once if you have not done that before and make sure one more time that Cool&Quiet, C1E and Hardware Thermal Control is off in your BIOS.

Yo, i have disable Cool&Quiet, C1E , where i can change Power Setting to High Performance? Also, after make changes in BIOS ACC etc. My computers boot diffrent he starts->windmill accelerates-> windmill release-> windmill accelerates->Windows boot. When ACC is for Dual Core, computer starts like that windmill accelerates->Windows boot.
@Edit:
Maybe i have good one for OC im now at 3.8 and highest temp is 55 C at Boxing cooling

Back