• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Help] Overclocking AMD Phenom ll x6 1055t on gigabyte m68mt-s2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Eureka! I solved it! :clap:

Apparently, the constant freezes and the resets where caused by the corrupted drivers of the gpu, and the delay in everything, the sound issues, and the long waits when starting or shutting down were caused by a partially corrupted/or damaged HDD.

Thanks god my cpu wasn't harmed.

Just in case I'll explain what have I done to fix this so every one who has this big problem can get rid of it:

1. First, restored the pc to an older date using restore system
2. Reseted the CMOS with a screwdriver, also I removed the battery for a full cmos clear.
3. Uninstalled completely my graphics card drivers, rebooted and installed them again.
4. also I fixed some registry problems with ccleaner, and defragmented the registry using tune up utilities 2012
5. Finally, using tune up again, Scanned the HDD for errors using the "tune up disk doctor" (which took a very long time).

Now my computer is perfectly fine.

PD: if i can't get good OCs with my actual build, what components do you recommend to have better performance AND safety?

Thanks for the update. Occasionally, repeated BSODs when in the process of overclocking can corrupt system or driver files, especially with a marginal HD.

Back