• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noctua NH-D14 works great!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GaryR

Just installed it, cranked my i2600k up to 4.5Ghz, running cooler than the stock cooler did at 3.4! The thing is absolutely MASSIVE but fit no problem on my Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3 in an Antec Full tower case. Very happy, quiet and cool.. :thup:

Antec Full Tower/ Rosewill RBR1000-M 1000W PSU
Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3
Intel i7 2600k Sandy Bridge at 4.5gz w/ Noctua NH-D14
8GB Mushkin Silvermine DDR3 1333
128 GB SSD/ 2TB 7200
2-Gigabyte GV-R797OC-3GD in Crossfire.

Last edited:
I've actually been thinking of trying one of those out and upgrading my ancient I-7 920 chip but doubt I will at the moment.

I've always been a noctua fan fan, heh, myself and have several in my case from years back that are still running very well.

I think I used to get scoffed at a bit when everyone was pushing Scythes and Loons, nice to see they've become mainstream more or less :)

And congrats :thup:

Thanks Mongrel. If you have room for it I think it's a great product. Thing is the size of half a loaf of bread!!

They do make really good heatsinks, damn ugly looking fan colors though. :)

Yes, dogcrap brown doesn't do much for me either... :D Good thing is my Antec case has no side window so once she is buttoned up that's the last I have to see it! :thup:

Back