• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The 6950/6970 thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HousERaT

Senior Air Extraordinaire
Back by unpopular demand....... you know what time it is. ;)

To get on the wall of fame, give us a screenie and please include GPUZ, A Benchmark of some sort to show stability, Afterburner to show the volts and indicate which card you have since the 6950s can be flashed to look like 6970s.

ATI HD 6950/70 List of clocks, cooling, and volts AKA (Wall of Fame) NAME............MFG.....CARD.......GPU/MEM.....VCore.......VDD.......Cooling
HousERaT........HIS.... HD6950F --- 950/1468 - 1.110 GPU, XXXXX MEM - Stock
HousERaT........POW.... HD6950F --- XXX/XXXX - XXXXX GPU, XXXXX MEM - Stock
xXSebaSXx.......SAP.... HD6950 ---- 800/1250 - 1.110 GPU, XXXXX MEM - Stock

6950F denotes a 6950 that's been flashed to open all shaders.

I'll update this in a bit..... it's been a few years since I did one of these. :D

Last edited:
Here is the first of many submissions. This HIS 6950 has been flashed to unlock shaders.

Attachments

• 6950f-1.jpg
    6950f-1.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 324
Here's a picture of my two babies........ all flashed and ready to play.

Attachments

• 6950s.jpg
    6950s.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 321
Apparently these kinds of threads are not popular any more. I'll give it a few more days before I let it fade into obscurity.

Ok... I'll play.

xXSebaSXx........Sapphire.... HD6950 --- 800/1250 - 1.110 GPU, XXXXX MEM - Stock

Attachments

• Heaven_Extreme_6950_Stock.jpg
    Heaven_Extreme_6950_Stock.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 225
I'm thinking your card is just dying to be flashed. :D

LOL...

I did flash it and ran it as a 6970 for a few days... It loved the increased shaders/volts and let me go up to 950/1450 on the stock cooler.

I just didn't feel the need for putting the extra stress on it since at stock it is more than capable of doing what I need it to do gaming-wise... I only play Crysis on a U2311H at the moment and even at high settings I'm averaging around 50-60 fps so I'm happy with stock for now.

Hey guys, I just got my EK waterblock in. I'm in the process of moving and training for some competitions later this year, I'm not sure when I'll be able to sit down and do the write-up. I will try and go ahead with the video soon though and at least get it posted. I'll post pics when I get home.

Hey guys, I just got my EK waterblock in. I'm in the process of moving and training for some competitions later this year, I'm not sure when I'll be able to sit down and do the write-up. I will try and go ahead with the video soon though and at least get it posted. I'll post pics when I get home.
I'll be interested to hear how well they overclock on water.

Back