• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Novice Nimble #6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sure do, happy to have you, sorry I did not send a pm but I could not figure out your user name here.

If you can list what hardware you have available for each stage we can figure out were everyone fits in then.

system.PNG

Lochekey

the i7 is runniing at 4800 Mhz and all parts from both system can be used. right now I have the 2- gtx 960 in it.

Last edited:
Alright, it looks like our best bet then is to have you run stage 1 with the 4790k, I can run it with the 4690K and SwartHack can use the G3258.

Stage 2- SwartHack is runnng his Sempy so you could run any of your AMD chips.

Stage 3- SwartHack is doing the DDR2 and I have a DDR3 2600 mhz submission ready if you can do better than that on your DDR3 let me know and I will not put mine in.

Stage 4- Swart Hack is either running a GTX970 or 750 and I was planning on using my gtx960 so your gtx750ti would round that out nicely.

Stage 5- SwartHack has a R7 360 and that is it for that stage so far.

Let me know what you think and I will update the main post and send SwartHack a pm about the changes.

Run it as is or do you want me change around some parts, Ram ?

If you throw the 2400 g skills in, it will probably help your scores. I would also throw the GTX750ti in this system as you will probably score better with the I7 backing it up for stage #4.

I updated the submission assignments in the first post based on the hardware we now have available with LRG5 joining us let me know what everyone thinks.

up and running WIN 7 AND tested, will make hardware changes tomorrow. stable at 4860 now and getting 10.60 cinebench

Hey guys,

Nice entries so far. I have updated the first post with our current scores and overall team rank.

I am working to get my submissions done tonight so hopefully we will gain a few places by morning.

Question for a Moderator....

@MoD
Heya! Not that the overclockers.com novice discussion is going to draw huge attention nor reveal any secrets...
but do we want to proceed with this discussion and any other competition based discussion in the lounge???
just wondering..

@Lochekey
Also, on Stage 6, is that just the card requirement (AMD) or both card and cpu??
And if you and LRG want to, pm me your gmails and we can use hangout, especially as deadline nears.

Hasta

@mod
Heya! Not that the overclockers.com novice discussion is going to draw huge attention nor reveal any secrets...
but do we want to proceed with this discussion and any other competition based discussion in the lounge???
just wondering..

@lochekey
Also, on Stage 6, is that just the card requirement (AMD) or both card and cpu??
And if you and LRG want to, pm me your gmails and we can use hangout, especially as deadline nears.

Hasta

When I originally created this post I kept it in the general area in case there was any novices that did not have access to the lounge. We can look at doing this in the lounge for the next round though.

As for stage 6 only the gpu needs to be an AMD you can back it up with an intel cpu

@mod
just wondering..

@lochekey

Hasta

I think Lochekey has it right Swart, he was having trouble rounding people up so the general was a good idea. If you have anything "sensitive" that you don't want public then I suggest a PM. If there were a dozen people then it would be necessary to have more of a forum type discussion. Just my opinion. My fellow Canucks used Skype to keep in contact for the Country Cup.

The first post is updated with our current scores. We have been able to move up to 5th place with only 1 point separating us with the 4th placed team.

It looks like the 2 easiest stages for us to gain points are stage 4 or 5.

Swarthack if you are able to beat my score on stage 4 with your 970 let me know as I have been able to get my hands on a gtx 650 ti.

I have also dug up an old Pentium and old demotion for stage 1 and 2 but have yet to verify if they work. I will keep everyone posted.

Good work again guys and with a little effort I think we can overtake 4th place.

So we have about 12 hours before the competition closes and we are currently still in 5th place with a 10 point disadvantage to the 4th place team. It is still quite possible to overtake 4th place and maybe even 3rd. I suggest that we leave c stage 1 alone as we are not going to significantly improve our standing there and will not gain a lot of points. I would also avoid stage 3 uncle Simone has just acquired some ddr4.

We can improve in stage 2 and can gain 5 points there but we need to improve our combined scores by 225 points.

Stage 4 is also a big opportunity for us still. If someone can get an entry in with at least a scour of 30,000 we will gain 8 points plus cause the 4th place team to lose 2 points.

As for stage 5 if anyone can dig up any AMD card we can gain points in that stage.

With a little last push we can finish this up strong.

Too bad you couldn't find GMCvilee his 5960 would have come in very hany

Most definitely, maybe for the next one. I might try to pick up a 6 or 8 core Xeon for the next competetion.

You never know what the next competition will be though Lochekey. Like the team/country cups, never know till it's posted what HW you'll need

Back