• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Set Voltages to Stun - NE Ohio Meetup Aug 2-5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'd say it mostly depends in your cooling. Of ambient/ss/dice/then ln2.

If only looking at ln2 my guess would be around the upper 5s to 6 to be about average. 6.3+ being good and 6.7+ being amazing.

I would say 6.3 is a pretty crappy chip (especially no 4c 8t), 6.5 is okish and imho 6.8+ is a "good" chip.

7ghz = epic chip

Can't wait to see you guy's results, good luck men:clap:

I would say 6.3 is a pretty crappy chip (especially no 4c 8t), 6.5 is okish and imho 6.8+ is a "good" chip.

7ghz = epic chip

Can't wait to see you guy's results, good luck men:clap:

What do you base your facts on? I think we had it right on

Based on 4/8ct

5.8 to 6.0 crappy

6.1 to 6.3 OK

6.3 to 6.6 very good

anything 6.7 up is gold

Unless you have bined a bunch of chips and benched as well?

What do you base your facts on? I think we had it right on

Based on 4/8ct

5.8 to 6.0 crappy

6.1 to 6.3 OK

6.3 to 6.6 very good

anything 6.7 up is gold

Unless you have bined a bunch of chips and benched as well?

I've benched a little;)

http://hwbot.org/submission/2300514_

http://hwbot.org/submission/2300516_

As of Ivy launch I have binned:

3x 3570K (all crap)

5x 3770K

all the 3770K's did 6.3+ except one which only did 6360 with 2c, the best being a 6.55 with an awesome IMC 2900+. Unfortunately you can find a good core clocker but a true golden chip will have good core clocks that scale well with voltage along with a good IMC, and that is what I am looking for, but I am sure you know this as well:blah::blah::blah::blah:

I have three more to test tomorrow when I fill back up, here's hoping to a 6.8+:attn:

Reference my wprime32 and wprime1024 scores... Massive globals (in my perspective - 20+). Those were 6.1-6.2 submissions.

In single core benches, you can get big globals with 6.5ghz. It is rare, must bin to get one or get lucky.

I have tested 5 ivy. 2 didn't break 6ghz but I had mobo problems and didnt know it. Since then, I had one 6.2, one 6.3, and one 6.5. I have tested one of t&b's to be 6.3.

Testing his second one tonight.

To me, 6.2 is average for 3770k if the board and chip is in good condition. 6.5 is very competitive globally. Above that and you have a distinct advantage.

In my testing, strong 3770k clocks only make a big difference in 01, 05, and aquamark. The rest it helps a little.

Hardware points on 3770k are bad, cus the rankings are very top heavy still. Couple dozen people binning lots of chips and posting ln2 results... 6.2ghz isn't worth many hardware points in 2d, but will make easy big points in 3d for old cards mostly on sandy.

Yes and no. The OC warranty covers it, yes, but they won't replace a warranty-replacement chip from what I understand.

Yes and no. The OC warranty covers it, yes, but they won't replace a warranty-replacement chip from what I understand.

If you do a advance replacement they dont ask questions just send you a CPU overnight and you send yours back then they refund you :) at a cost of $25

You are paying them $25. It's not so much a moral dilemma if intel doesn't ask questions. :shrug: Now if they asked and your reply was "No, it's not an overclocking accident," then that's a moral issue.

Im not going to drag this out any further than this post...

Its $25 for the first one, and you do not receive the same benefit for warrantied/RMA'd chip you get back. Its in their ToS for the program. If it dies naturally, by all means, return the second one again. You kill it with LN2 overclocking... thats on you what you do with it, regardless of what question they ask you. ;)

Even the military dropped the '(if they) dont ask dont tell' policy. :p

lol

I won't bin chips like that though...perhaps I can sell off the really bad 3770k's, but it's not so easy. I'll try to sell my 2600k soon though, as soon as I build a phase change cpu cooler. ;)

Thanks for the insight guys.

Quick test on T&B 3770K #2 on Z77 G1.Sniper3 4c4t:

First boot, full pot:
SP1M @ 6.2GHz 1.704V (107.5*58)
107.5*59 @ 1.704V - errored then locked up setting multi in easy tune, then cold boot bugged

Second boot
SP1M @ 6.2GHz 1.752V (107.1*58)
SP1M @ 6.3GHz 1.752V (107.1*59)
107.1*60 @ 1.752V - errored then bsod'd when setting multi in easy tune

Third boot
SP1M @ 6.3GHz 1.8V (107.1*59)
SP1M @ 6.4GHz 1.8V (107.1*60)
107.1*61 @ 1.8V - applied multi, crashed as soon as I started 1M

Fourth boot
SP1M @ 6.4GHz 1.848V (107.1*60)
BSOD'd at desktop before I increased multi

Fifth boot
SP1M @ 6.4GHz 1.9V (107.1*60)
BSOD'd during sp1m

Sixth boot
107.1*60 @ 1.824V - applied multi, crashed as soon as I started 1M

Seventh boot
SP1M @ 6.3GHz 1.8V (107.1*59)
107.1*60 * 1.8V - crashed at loop 8 with not exact in round error

eighth boot (2c2t)
SP1M @ 6.3GHz 1.776V (107.1*59)
107.1*60 @ 1.776V - not exact in round on loop 10

Conclusion:

It's a solid 6.3GHz chip in single threaded apps, can do 6.4GHz with a careful touch. Didn't test any multi threaded apps. Tested 2c2t as well as 4c4t, but made no difference.

A good backup chip, but our main chip so far will still be my 3218B958 chip that will do 1M at 6.5GHz, but hasn't been tested on 3D.

2 more 3770k to test, once one gets here from newegg, and we're picking up the other from Microcenter on the way back from the airport Thursday

Got another 6ft table for benching on - that's 3 bench stations, and a "breakfast" table available for prep or whatever else. Moved more things around to make more surface space available as well. I've got 2 extension cords run currently to draw power from different outlets in the garage... And 2 more cords we can run to pull power from a different circuit within the house. May use one of those to run the AC unit while we're benching, weather forecast looks like its going to be hot in the garage!

My ln2 hauler broke down outside of Columbus. Serpentine belt frayed and came off, lost power steering in a construction zone so that got a little squirrely. Survived, got serpentine replaced. Poured some antifreeze and it came right out the water pump.

Met up with a local here, happened to have a rolloff tow truck, and he's pulling off my front end and getting me back on the road... Maybe by this evening.

Bottom line: missing a day in the office, but priorities are still lined up... Ln2 hauler is getting fixed pronto. :D

IMOG I'll probably show up thursday night to bench AMD. Obviously, I have no intel setups...

2600K still unchecked, have not gotten around to RMA for my MIVE.

I don't know if I'll try any 3D with my 5770s, maybe I'll see how high Aquamark can go on AMD.

Heaven or something where cpu freq counts less is probably your best bet. But would be interesting to see how amd can do.

Thursday night is good. I plan to get a fill Thursday morning. Picking up turn & burn around 3:30 in Cleveland, hitting microcenter while we are up there. Should be home by 6.

Trying to burn as much ln2 as possible thursday, so we can leave for a fresh fill Friday at 3
before airgas closes.

If you want to stay over you are welcome, got space.

Sorry to hear about your LN2 hauler. :(

This event is going to be epic, can't wait to see what you guys can do!

Back