• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help overclocking Phenom II x6 1100T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OK so it was V_Core that you needed. Right now thpugh I think it would be a good idea to do a test for ~ 2 hrs. Just to see if this actually is stable. You may crash part way through if so just add a bump on the V_Core and try again

The test is to find out if you actually need to put the V_Core up. If you want to add a bit go ahead

Was half way through and temp was 65 c socket so I stop ed will take fsb down 1 till can change the two fans on side and exhaust as they both stock case fans

That's still OK. Cooler is better but you're within specs

Bought the Asus crosshair formula v but forgot to write down overclock settings so goto start again oops

Yeh tried to do the memory coz says only 11gb usable :-s

Fixed the 11gb ....only problem now is i cant get the spd ram timeings xmp locked in for some reason i type the numbers in but it automatically takes it to a lower number

Up my ram speed and up the ram timing to the 1600mhz ram it just won't goto the xmp timings :(

- - - Updated - - -

Also I've managed to get ovaclock too 3.91ghz atm gunna push it to 4ghz soon

it just won't goto the xmp timings :(

You sound like you might know of already, but xmp is an Intel thing. You can raise your ram to the rated speed and beyond but you have to do it by hand (ie raising the FSB and tinkering with timings/voltage ). It is my understanding that the cpu has a part to play in how high you can push your ram as well. Good luck with hitting the higher clock on your cpu though

aye yeh ive been told that i just thought maybe it might diff in this board lol but yeh ill have to get new chip for 2400 lol but i will 4ghz soon as im still only hitting 56ish degrees so hope 4ghz will b easy now lol

yay ive made it to 4ghz!! thanks to all that helped thanx :) heres my proof

20 min stress test

cpu.jpg memory.jpg spd.jpg

Have done a stress test but those images wont upload ill re do test tomorrow

Next thing I'd work on is getting those ram timings down.

Back