• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help overclocking Phenom II x6 1100T

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well I think it rgone who told me before that it was the chip that didn't let me run 2400 , but aslong that the noctua can handle it I'm happy

He was right the Thuban 1100T won't run 2400 memory because of the internal mem controller. What I'm saying is that even though the FX can run 2400 the board plays a part in that as well. You'll have to run the NB speed at 2400 or more . Most likely have to up the HTref clock since I don't think that 2400 is an option at the stock 200 Htref clock on that motherboard. I guess I'm saying it'll take some work but most likely possible.

cpu.png hw.png prime.png spd.png Hi ive just recently added some new case fans to my build and wanted to do a new test , ive installed a dead silence 140mm intake fan in the front instead of a stock coolermaster 120mm which ive put as an exhaust for the time being and also added two 140mm corsair quiet but high pressure fans as exhaust on the top to blow from cpu and I have fresh applied some new corsair thermal paste to see if I get better score .

fsb 211

From what I see, there's no harm, next time include the Mem tab not SPD. You have headroom for cooling and more voltage if you need it. Go for it

fsb 213
20 min test

I forgot to disable cool and quiet do I will disable and run test again but so far so good cpuzcpu.png cpumem.png hw.png prime95.png

Looks good, nice chip you have there. If you try upping it one more and have problems you may need to add some volts to the memory since you're already over 1700. Not sure what timings it need for 1600 since there's no tab for that but those are really close to what it lists for 1333 at 1.5v

Looks good, nice chip you have there. If you try upping it one more and have problems you may need to add some volts to the memory since you're already over 1700. Not sure what timings it need for 1600 since there's no tab for that but those are really close to what it lists for 1333 at 1.5v

I thought I can't take the memory any higher?

That's not what I said. If the memory causes issues you will have to change the timings/speed that's all.
Looks like you still have room to me

No I would just add .05 to the voltage so 1.55v for now. Did you try adding some V_Core to the CPU ?

Start with the V_Core. You're right around that 4.0 mark and will need more

Back