• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching Get Together Oct 26th-27th... Now MO. vs OH. vs CA. vs. TX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'll be there my man. I'll try too bring some 88xx and 98xx when I come along with my SS if needed.

Awesome!!

At least I won't be alone taking on Ohio!

We'll get some PM's going also and make sure we have a decent supply of gear between the two of us...

I didn't know I created a gateway drug. :borg:

I may be able to make it for Friday and Saturday, but defiantly not Sunday. If I do come, there may (huge grain of salt) be a special surprise for everyone there and watching.

(Benching team, you may know of what I speak of, you are not allowed to discuss it. Remember!?)

Sweet!

I sure hope you can make it!

Wife is bustin' my butt and makin' me spend BIG money to host this thing... So It'd be GREAT if it paid off and I had several people show up!

I didn't know I created a gateway drug. :borg:

I may be able to make it for Friday and Saturday, but defiantly not Sunday. If I do come, there may (huge grain of salt) be a special surprise for everyone there and watching.

(Benching team, you may know of what I speak of, you are not allowed to discuss it. Remember!?)

So you're defiantly refusing to attend on Sunday?... Tsk...tsk...tsk... college boys don't know their Engrish. :D

O.K.

I'm not on the benching team, but am an old noob and would like to get up to date. If I'm welcome, I'm in the Republic of Texas, have to be in Atlanta on Tuesday the 30th, so it looks like I've got that weekend open (wife's Bday is a few days before). And of course eyeball the crew 'stead of just the verbs, nouns, and such.

Let me know if, then I'll think of yanking a card or two, tap into the "hidden" script she doesn't know about, go from there.

You're more than welcome to attend.
It'd be great to have another member show up and beat up on some hardware :D

@Seebs

Computer Engineers do not need to know English. We just need to know how to do maths and science!

Raising the stakes:

The loser(s) of the 'challenge' have to have an addition to their signature for a few months. Some phrase of the winner's choosing.

Example (and you may as well go ahead and add it to your signatures now):

I got Ohiowned during the 2012 benching team competition

I'll raise you a better one.

Losers wear the pink, AND the rainbow stars.

Hey, count me in at the Ohio meetup.
I don't need to bench, but either way I can probably chip in $20 on extra 180L too.

Either way, I'll be having a blast blowing up AMD hardware and/or watching.

You up for a trip to Columbus Beepbeep? We're going down to Don's place this time. I can give you a ride if you can spend the weekend - but I think I'm going down on that Friday.

You up for a trip to Columbus Beepbeep? We're going down to Don's place this time. I can give you a ride if you can spend the weekend - but I think I'm going down on that Friday.
I'm fine going to Columbus, but I might not make it until Sat. however gas/time is an issue for anyone I'd try to bug to take me down there.
Gotta see how many HS football games barberton has left in the season too before friday becomes an option.

Change that to a possible. :p

EDIT:
Last HS Football game is 27th, which I have to go to so I wouldn't be able to go until ~10:30pm that night.

Cool, keep me posted - I'd like if you can come. I'm going down on Friday in order to pickup the LN2 at Airgas because they give Don a hard time about loading it in his car. That means I'll need to be down there and at Airgas by 3/3:30 at the latest, as they close at 4:30 - I'll be leaving here by noon or so I suppose.

Just to give an update, I may not be able to have the party at my place. As some know that follow the 'toys' thread my new house is having some issues. The wife and I are trying to get some contractors in to take care of the issues, but may not have it done in time by the end of the month due to negotiations and possible legal matters with the sellers. Because of that we are going to continue to rent at our apartment until we can determine the house is livable.

If this continues on like this I may have to cancel for my place and hopefully Matt and his wife (!) may be nice enough to host.

Maybe I haven't mentioned in this thread how much i dislike cats now.

Just to give an update, I may not be able to have the party at my place. As some know that follow the 'toys' thread my new house is having some issues. The wife and I are trying to get some contractors in to take care of the issues, but may not have it done in time by the end of the month due to negotiations and possible legal matters with the sellers. Because of that we are going to continue to rent at our apartment until we can determine the house is livable.

If this continues on like this I may have to cancel for my place and hopefully Matt and his wife (!) may be nice enough to host.

I feel your pain brother...

We started gutting out the living room this weekend and once we got the carpet up found that the subfloor had been damaged by the previous occupants when the water heater exploded...

They covered the damage, but I was not happy leaving it... So I ended up spending the weekend replacing the entire subfloor in the living room.

I'll have to handle the hallway and other rooms one by one.

What a mess...

Good luck with your issues though bro! Hope it all works out!

No problem at all. By the most conservative estimates, hosting it here saves me $60 in gas driving to Columbus and back. :) The wife-to-be has no problem hosting either.

Sorry to hear about the complications, frustrating after the excitement of buying a house to be saddled with those kind of hangups. Hope it works out as best as possible for you.

I want to add that with the recent "complications" I'm having... That the house won't be as "finished" as I wanted it to be.

Chances of the garage being all finished out like I wanted are slim to none also.

I'll still happily host... BUT... To those who come... Be aware that alot of house will still be under renovation.

Back