• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching Get Together Oct 26th-27th... Now MO. vs OH. vs CA. vs. TX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks! How's your project coming BTW?

Going to be taking a lot longer than expected. A friend of mine and I ripped out 100% of the floors of the upstairs yesterday. Today is the first floor (+ baseboards/trim). Then am going to try hammering in/down the staples that were used for the floor into the subfloors. Once that is done we will be using Kilz (oil-based sealant/primer) on the floors and all of the walls (after replacing whatever drywall we need to...) then will be painting. Once we have painted we will be installing new underlayment+hardwood floors (at this time we are thinking of a cherry/brown bamboo). After all that it will be about as close to move-in-ready as I think we can get. Hoping to have all of that done in the next few weeks. Ugh.

Ugh, good luck with all the work Don. Looks like nice work on your living room David.

Updating first post. We're on for my place.

It is amazing how much your living room looks like mine. I have the hardwood with brown walls and white trim also. With the recessed lights too.

LOL... Small world!

I know we're really happy with how it looks!

Anyway... Just bumping this up... Hoping to get some input and see who is planning to attend!

Send the sister, we could use more girls :D

0 on the team.

I'm driving down to San Diego on thursday. 14 hour drive almost all 65-70MPH freeways, still in the same state. How's that for perspective?

I'm not worried about it. If I stop at all, it'll just be to grab a snack, but I don't even think that'll happen.

I may have to cancel my trip/involvement for this one. I think we will be pushing to move in by the end of the month so I won't be able to leave the wife alone during the last couple days of the month during crunch time.

I'm driving down to San Diego on thursday. 14 hour drive almost all 65-70MPH freeways, still in the same state. How's that for perspective?

Wow! I could drive from the north coast of Scotland to the south coast of England, and then go back again in that sort of time, that's the full length of the uk twice :eek: one of you're states is bigger than my whole country

Send the sister, we could use more girls :D

0 on the team.
she's kind of old 42 I think lol

Texas is so big... Hey DOM! Nice to see you over here! :)

Sup dog, yeah that's what i hate about tx long drives to go back to visit family, home town is 7hrs away also XD

That weekend it my soon to be 3yr old bday is on the 27th... Hate bdays cost to much :(

I might have to pass as well, I have a concert to play with the Akron Regional Chamber Orchestra on the evening of the 27th.

I suppose I could be there earlier in the day.

Not sure if I posed this here or not but moogfest is that weekend, and I'll be in NC. :-/

Alright... Kind of need to know if there are still some of the Missouri guys coming...

Making the arrangements for LN2 and such... And need to know how many to plan for.

I'm sorry guys :cry:

I have to back out. I have an interview with Molex in Little Rock that weekend. :(

Back