• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II x6 1055t overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

backy6

Registered
Hi guys! I need some help with overclocking my phenom ii x6 1055t to 3.5ghz
so here´s some specification of my pc:
MB:asrock n68 s3 ucc(I know not so good but at least some overclock could be possible)
RAM: Kingston HyperX blu 1600mhz CL9 2x4GB
Cpu cooler:Scythe ninja 3 rev.B

PS:I am from slovakia so doesn´t mind about my english please :D

Hi guys! I need some help with overclocking my phenom ii x6 1055t to 3.5ghz
so here´s some specification of my pc:
MB:asrock n68 s3 ucc(I know not so good but at least some overclock could be possible)
RAM: Kingston HyperX blu 1600mhz CL9 2x4GB
Cpu cooler:Scythe ninja 3 rev.B

PS:I am from slovakia so doesn´t mind about my english please :D

1055t is not a Black Edition processor, is it? :(

If multiplier is locked, we will have to OC using the FSB-- This is a bit arduous for a first-timer. First, you need to do the following:

Turn off Green options:

Set windows power to "Performance"
Disable Cool N Quiet, Turbo, C1E and C6.

Then download HWMonitor CPU-Z and Prime95. Run CPU-Z, and attach the main tab and Memory tab for us here on the forum..

Run HWMonitor and P95 "Blend" test for 20 minutes, then take a shot of your HWMonitor showing what your maximum "CPU" temps and core (Package) temps show up as.

Cool beans (Edit: The cookie-cutter guides should get you where you need to be, if you don't wanna go any farther or learn too mcuh from the experience) :D

okey I am going to do this and post it here when it´ll be done:)

so I have done this and after 30.min p95 max temperature was 44°C,then I end it and when I was going to take a screen photo PC shuts down..I think it´ll be problem with my MOBO I´ll upgrade it soon

Yeah, I don't think you will be able to do that with that motherboard.

Yeah, I don't think you will be able to do that with that motherboard.

Omfg, I just noticed! That's the exact same board that guy trying to cram a 8350 into an AM2 socket was using!

I think this board will allow for a moderate OC-- I'd say 3.5 is possibly the upper limit. My only personal experience with the board is that the one my customer brought to me was bricked with an incompatible CPU, but I do know a guy who is using this board with his 960T and has it running at 3.5 himself.

I believe the BIOS doesn't allow many voltage changes.. only the vCore if I'm not mistaken? I feel like I remember at least no option to change CPU-NB as a frustration of his haha

Two things:

1. Idle temps don't tell us very much. What we need to know about is "load temps". Download and install these three tools that we constantly use here at OC Forum in overclockoing: CPU-z, HWMonitor and Prime95. We'll talk about CPU-z later but for now, open HWMonitor on the desktop, leave it open while you run the Prime95 "blend" stress test for 20 minutes. At the end of the stress test, please crop and capture an image of the HWMonitor interface. Snipping Tool in Windows Accessories is great for this. This will give us lots of info about temps and voltages under load. If you can't pass the 20 minute Prime95 blend test (BSOD, spontaneous restart, lockup, Prime95 worker drops out are ways you can fail it) then your system isn't stable with the current overclock settings. If you see the core temps in HWMonitor begin to exceed 60-65c, stop the stress test.
2. We would much prefer you directly attach images with your posts instead of linking them to website like photobucket. To attach an image using the built in forum tool, click on Go Advanced at the bottom of any new post window. When the advanced post window pops up, click on the little paperclip tool at the top which will load the file browser/uplink tool. The rest is obvious.

during day I run Linx and it was unstable,I will get new MB soon and then write here.
Asus M5A97 R2.0 EVO will it Handle OC to 3,5-4ghz? Cpu cooler is: Scythe ninja 3 rev.B
Ram is: Kingston hyperXblu 2x4gb 1600mhz CL9

Yeah, you should be able to get 3.4-3.5 ghz pretty easy with that board and that cooler if you have good case ventilation (also critical for good temps) and maybe 3.6-3.7 ghz. What case make and model do you have? As a common courtesy to those helping you, please create a "Sig" which will list your system components and travel with every post you make. Go to Quick Links and click and then click on Edit Signature.

3.4/3.5 is quite reasonable with a 1045T on my M5A97. Your mileage will vary beyond that point because the VRM on the M5A97 is not particularly happy to deal with more than 160-180 watts. That's coming from my personal experience and the last couple of threads by Bulldozer 8 series users who have a hard time cracking 4.0Ghz or less before the VRM interferes.

On the plus side I've found my M5A97 can be perfectly stable with the bus speed up to 280mh so you can do pretty well even without a black edition on it.

My target is to get 3,5ghz..If it will go higher I´ll be glad :)

Sorry thread starter, for hijacking your thread, but I don't see a neccesity to create another thread. Hope you can understand.

Fellow seniors, hello, I'm new to overclocking and I'm from Malaysia, and I faced difficulties to OC from 3.5GHz onwards. My rig specs is at below of my signature.

For easier reference, I've attached HWMonitor screenies right after I've run Prime95 "blend" stress set for approximately 10 minutes. I stopped the test, as the temperature hovering around 61celcius, and even hitted 68 celcius.

Additional info on my BIOS setting, I didn't change any setting on my Core Voltage, as it hovers in between on 1.456v - 1.472v, and only bumped up my Bus Speed to 236 MHz mutiplying 14 to get into 3.3GHz, other options such as HT Link, NB Frequency and even RAM settings or timings are set to AUTO.

I would deeply appreciate if anyone here can enlighten me. Thank you very much! :)

Attachments

• HWMonitor.PNG
    HWMonitor.PNG
    38.8 KB · Views: 1,002
  • CPU-Z.PNG
    CPU-Z.PNG
    99.3 KB · Views: 1,029
You cant have your RAM on auto because they'll overclock too..

Back