• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching Get Together Oct 26th-27th... Now MO. vs OH. vs CA. vs. TX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
is there a setting in bios to enable bclk oc? some boards have that some dont. dont know about your asus rog board

Here you go convicted, I previously tested to confirm this works on an OS where bclk control wasn't working:

I actually got it to work, just now!
I install chipset drivers and MEI drivers and rog+ on MVG and rc on other pc. Download all for win7 even though I am on xp.

I also have aisuite installed, if that matters :shrug:

That's the best OCF 3770k so far I think.
Now you just need to bench it quickly before it dies :D

Ya, that chip clocks about the same as my best 3770k. It could be a good one. Ivy can often bench pretty close to what it cpuz.

One thing about ivy is that it sucks. Good luck getting it to run well, and if you do get it going, you ought to get everything out of it you can. It's flakey and finicky... I probably haven't said enough on the forums about how much ivy has sucked while cold.

Yeah... That chip is going in the "maybe" pile for work later when I have BCLK control via RC Tweak it...

The scary part.... Did ya'll see the voltage it took to do THAT... And it didn't last long... "crashed" pretty quickly.

Oddly enough... IB does the same thing SB did for me...

The screen just goes blank and the chip continues to act like it has a load on it when you push things too far...

If you didn't know better and weren't watching the temp of the pot you'd think the computer had just gone into sleep mode...

Never a BSOD or a true "reboot".... Just blacks out the screen and sits there...

Have to hit the reset button myself every time.

Weird stuff...

Anyway... Gonna try one more IB chip on the MVE... Then switch to 775 for the rest of the weekend... I've had enough IB for a few days. LOL

Well got 0 done on 3d (by the way Ivy on LN2 sucks) did get some good wprimes on my 655k that I though may of been dead, turns out it's not. Did get one spi run before the board frosted (where there was no insulation) the first time but it's barely better than what I already have. Hope to get some stuff done on 939 though it will all be on air.

I am busting into the APU benchs now. Getting a feel for the voltage controls and interal OCP settings. Ripped a 7200 vantage a few minutes ago which is about 4th place (theres not many submissions yet). However this is just on water with pretty much stock core clock speed. Once I finish ironing out the vantage scores and system Voltages I will hit the rest of the 3d benches. Then after thats said and done I'll hit the 2d's since I should know the voltages by that point.

Tricky lil buggers these apu's

Thanks to Hokie for the Tool link. Couldnt do it without it.

Got a browns game tomorrow which takes up most of my day until the evening, but tomorrow I may put up some 960T wprimes.

Jaymz9350, your wp32 score is the 5th highest global on the team. :thup:

Back