• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Benching Get Together Oct 26th-27th... Now MO. vs OH. vs CA. vs. TX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I thought about attending for the Ohio team, doesn't look like anyone is even remotely near the part of Ohio I'm in though. (IIRC I.M.O.G is 2+ hours away).

Doesn't look like I'll miss much, since it doesn't look like it will happen now anyway.

Eh, most of my hardware is old and outdated anyway. My benching stuff is mostly crap other people haven't ran either because they didn't feel like it, it wasn't worth the ROI in points, or they were just obscure parts. I likely wouldn't be able to put up much of an effort against anyone around these parts unless we were on socket 939.
If you live in Springfield Twp. like I think you do, he's like 25 minutes away.
If you live west of Columbus in Springfield (City), then yeah, it's about a 3 1/2 hour drive.

Looks like my other boards not gonna be here by this weekend or in the next few weeks even. Which Kinda makes it useless to go buy a bunch of ln2 for the weekend. I'll probably just go grab some dice instead. Though I am quite skeptical how far i can get with this bios, and i don't trust the beta version since it has a tendency to brick bioses.

Just be sure to stop, boot off the backup bios and reflash if the primary bios eats it.
Annoying, but better than a bricked board.
What's the part number of the BIOS chip? I may be able to work out a programmer with enough juice to pound the code in while it's still on the mobo.

May take you up on that, the Z77 board was last on the list, and I really don't know much about clocking it either

Cool, then the gigabyte should be a good option - plus its full vaselined and all that, so it will be least likely to have cold problems. And your sandy bridge should be plenty fine with just frost king insulation since it doesn't get as cold.

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow. Heading to bed here, big day tomorrow. :rock:

EDIT: By the way, I've been bumped down to 4th US... Aside from beating convicted1, my goal is to take back 2nd this weekend, and take it back with authority... If memory serves me right, I was up over 900 points previously, but I've lost a few gold and silver hardware cups for 3D these past couple months.

I don't have a sandy, my other 2 chips are first gen i5's, 655k dually and 760, the board for those is getting done now

LGA1156 dual cores (like that 655k) give potentially massive globals. Like, massive massive. There are no better dual cores for globals on the planet.

EDIT:
Ok that may not true, the GT 4.2GHz dual core Intel made for microtrading stock might be better. Good luck finding one.

That's the hope, though I'm still not sure what effects are left from it's short stint at 1.75 on air (like really short hit start on wprime and instand power off and wouldn't run right after that, year later seemed to at least work just not sure on the clocking abilitys yet) but if it lived should do well, hit 5.3 on cold air

I.M.O.G. HWBot Stats Prior...
----

Points Earned

League points: 851.5 in Overclockers League
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team Power Points: 2,170.5 earned for the team (GTPP and HTPP)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Worldrecord: 0 earned with world records

Global: 319.9 earned in benchmark rankings

Hardware: 522.8 earned in hardware rankings

Competition: 9 earned in competitions

Total Points: 851.7 points in total

---

Convicted1 HWBot Stats Prior...

Points Earned

League points: 378.2 in Overclockers League
Team Power Points: 293.6 earned for the team (GTPP and HTPP)

Global: 51.6 earned in benchmark rankings

Hardware: 326.6 earned in hardware rankings

Competition: 0 earned in competitions

Total Points: 378.2 points in total

---

jaymz9350 HWBot Stats Prior...

Points Earned

League points: 61 in Enthusiast League
Team Power Points: 107.8 earned for the team (GTPP and HTPP)

Global: 20.3 earned in benchmark rankings

Hardware: 40.7 earned in hardware rankings

Competition: 0 earned in competitions

Total Points: 61 points in total

---

moocow HWBot Stats Prior...

Points Earned

League points: 314.3 in Overclockers League
Team Power Points: 313.3 earned for the team (GTPP and HTPP)

Global: 81.1 earned in benchmark rankings

Hardware: 230.2 earned in hardware rankings

Competition: 3 earned in competitions

Total Points: 314.3 points in total

---

Last edited:
So david and I against matt and james?

I knew I should have waited to send those Patriot sticks ;)

So david and I against matt and james?

I knew I should have waited to send those Patriot sticks ;)

I think thats how it worked out...

You're officially a deputy Missourian for the weekend.

ETA:... I'll be getting a late start tomorrow... Doctors appointment in the AM and some running around for supplies... BUT... I'll post my Livestream link as soon as I get home and get to work...

Well, looks like convicted cheated and started early with his suckage... :chair: :D

Global and hardware points are personal, and only benefit the team for 1/10th of total points. So the points above are cool to see captured, but aren't actually what we had talked about competing for. :eh?:

The competition points here are for TPP, because those points count 10/10 for the team. Whoever adds the most TPP, beyond their current total, is the winner. So here are everyone's current totals pulled from this page (http://hwbot.org/team/overclockers.com/#Members):

I.M.O.G. - 2170
Jaymz - 107.8

Convicted - 293.6
moocow (kow_ciller) - 313.30

So for example, if at the end of the weekend I have 2175 TPP and Jaymz has 127.8, the Ohio team will have earned 25 TPP for the competition. If convicted ends up with 273.6, and moocow at 323.30, the Missouri team will have earned -10 TPP for the competition...

So that said... It should be known that there are a couple ways to win. Put up good scores is always a good way. One could also be a real jerk if one were so inclined, and for example, just beat as many scores as possible on this list pulling down another player's TPP: http://hwbot.org/search/submissions...perator=more_or_equal&orderBy=points&limit=20

Back